Confused

A thirteen year old Jon looked calmly at the steaming male infront of him.

"YOU CHEATED!!!" He yelled, furious as he glared at the greenette heatedly.

"I'll tell you once and I'll tell you again, you weren't paying attention and your bey stopped spinning." He resorted calmly as the taller male picked his bey up.

"How can that be?" He snapped as Jon rolled his eyes.

"Its called defeat Hero." Jon said as he twirled his bey around while eyeing the boy who was fuming.

Hero was King and Masemune's son with Masemune's rich black hair and King's piercing green eyes.

He was older obviously, 15 to be exact.

Hero took a few deep breaths before glaring at him again "How are you always so calm?!" He asked, incredulously as Jon smirked.

"Its a gift."

Hero rolled his eyes and sat on the bench close to the bey stadium they were playing in.

Jon joined soon after.

Hero slouched as Jon sat straight up and looked at the older male disappointed.

"Don't look at me like that." Hero said as Jon slipped into his cold mask.

Hero hated that mask.

"Sure, if you'd act a little more mature maybe I wouldn't." Jon stated and took staring at his bey as an option.

"Hm."

Then a silence lingered.

Not an awkward one, but a comfortable one.

Their conversations usually ended like this, not just once, but every time. As if each of them were waiting for the other to say something... Something.

"How's Kiara?" Small talk, classic.

"She's good, her and Rachel's relationship is going well, I swear those two are hopeless flirts. Its like watching my dad and Ryuga dating, it's scary."

Jon only talked this much when he was in a good mood, well of course he was, he just beat Hero.

"Thats cool I guess. Have you asked how my relationship is going?" Hero asked, grinning as Jon raised an eyebrow at him.

"Your seeing someone?" Was it just him or did he hear a hint of disappointment in the statement?

"Like hell I am! Myself!" Hero laughed at the look on Jon's face.

"Ugh, your such an idiot." Jon may have been thirteen but he refused to curse, unlike a certain someones (*cough, cough* Kyoya *cough, cough* Kiara)

"I'll take that as a compliment coming from you." He smiled as Jon rolled his eyes.

"I worry about you."

"Aw! Don't be! I can take care of myself, unless you want to take care of me." Hero smirked as the greenette's face heated up.

"Not a chance Heroin." Jon always used that fucking name against him.

Hero frowned and blushed slightly, payback is a vertue in Jon's eyes.

"Don't just, just don't." Hero begged as Jon smiled softly.

If anyone outta look at them in this angle they would have thought that the two of them were together with the constant flirting and affection.

But it was low-key and only happened when the two were alone, not that they had much alone time.

And he knew that Hero was straight anyway.