Chapter Six

I changed into a quick stroll as soon as I got out of the office. Quickly pushing the tears off my cheek, determined not to let his words effect me. Which wasn't much use, because as soon as I reviewed all he said I was a complete mess.

I sat down on the bench with my hands in my face. I flinched my head upwards when I felt a hand on my back. I looked up assuming to see Luke but instead I saw Calum. "Please don't take anything he said to heart, he's just being a dick lately for some reason" Calum said rubbing my back.I just smiled in appreciation. "None of it is true anyways" Calum added. I shook my head in disagreement. "No Calum, he's completely right. I just slow everyone down and I am a spoilt bitch. He didn't say anything that wasn't true" I said putting my face in my hands.

"Kate don't say that you're not at all!" Calum told me but I knew he was only trying to make me feel better. I didn't reply because I knew it would just end up with us debating whether or not I was spoilt. But we both knew that answer.

When I stopped crying, Calum left not before making sure I was okay. From the corner of my eye I could see Luke beginning to walk towards me. I shook my head and sighed. I knew his presence was the work of the other boys. If he was coming here to apologise it was only because the other boys told him to. "Kate?" He questioned, easing his way towards me. "Yeah?" I said keeping a straight face, trying to make it seem like I wasn't crying.

He rubbed the back of his head, gently ruffling his hair. "Look i'm really sorry about what I said, it was way out of line and I shouldn't have went off at you like that" He said. He seemed genuinely sorry but it was probably only because he made me cry. "It's fine, you didn't tell me anything I didn't already know" I said with no emotion in our voice. He didn't say anything, guessing he didn't know how to. "So are we good?" He asked sinking his hands deep into his pockets. I turned my head to face him, raising an eyebrow. "Well if you can call what we were before good, then I guess yeah.." I said fixing my hair. "Well I'll see you around then" He said waddling away awkwardly.

Luke and I didn't really talk after that. I still went to the studio everyday but we just avoided each other. I knew I still frustrated him because I was such a 'spoilt bitch' but for the sake of making me not cry he kept his mouth shut. And so did I. "Luke can you pass me that?" I asked pointing to the pen. He nodded picking it up and tossing it to me. "Thanks.. 'I mumbled taking it from him.

"Kate don't forget our album party is tomorrow night! and you better be there!" Ashton told me seeming excited. "No I don't think I will. it's not really anything to do with me.." I told him shyly. "It's nothing to do with you? are you serious? this album wouldn't be happening without you're help. You're coming" He continued and Calum and Michael agreed. "Em Okay I'll try my best" I said half smiling as I got back to work.

I decided to go the party in the end. For one because I had nothing else to do and also because I was proud of the boys and wanted to see them celebrating their success.

"You better be at this party tonight or else.." Michael texted me. "Or else what?" I teased him. "Or else I'll come to your apartment and drag you to it!" He texted back and I just laughed. I placed my phone down ad groaned as I realised I had absolutely nothing to wear.

"Kate?" I heard Daddy call from my door. "Yeah?" I replied still rummaging through my closet. "Come out here for a second" He called back and I ran out to him. "Yeah-" I began but stopped when I saw him standing there with the most beautiful dress I had ever seen. "Is that for me?" I asked him. "No it's for me, do you think it suits me?" He asked smirking and I giggled. "Thank you thank you" I said running up to hug him.