Chapter Three

Michael got up after a few minutes. I could see him trying to convince Luke to come over and apologise but Luke was resisting greatly. “I’m not doing it” I could hear him say. He eventually gave in and made his way over to me. He stood in front of me and sighed, biting his lip ring. “Kate I’m sorry for being rude earlier” He said in between his teeth. It was obvious it was killing him to have to say that. “It’s okay you’re obvious just not a people person” I said fake smiling, trying to annoy him even more. He opened his mouth to make a comeback but decided not to. Groaning before walking off. I smile to myself as I looked back at my phone.

"Kate!" Daddy called later on that day. I followed his voice which led me to the changing rooms. “Yeah?” I said peering through the door. "Help me and the boys pick their outfits for the concert next week" He asked me. "What do you think of these?" He said gesturing to the boys. I stared at them, all the outfits consisted of flannels and ripped t-shirts. "I like Calums, Michaels and Ashtons but Luke you’re going to have to change" I said smugly. He bit his lip, clearly using all of his energy not to say something. "Fine" He breathed out turning back around to go back into the changing room. I made him change outfits at least 5 times before he flipped. "You know what I don’t really want you’re opinion" He spat. “Okay” I said smirking, knowing I had got to him.

I was just about ready to go home when Daddy called me into his office. "Kate are you busy next saturday?" He enquired. “No not that I’m aware of” I replied."Great! I need you to bring the boys around the city. They have a day off and they want to see New York" He told me. "Yeah I’m sure I could show them around" I told him beginning to walk out. "And Kate, try to not bring them shopping okay?" He said. “Okay Daddy” I said laughing as I shut his door.

I actually really liked the other boys, it was just Luke. He was just such an ass. He was so moody and rude. I know I didn’t really help but it was his fault for judging me before he knew me.I didn’t see them much that week only here and there. Although Luke never failed to roll his eyes every time I walked into the room.

I spent the whole night on Friday trying to decide where to bring the boys. I’m guessing they would want to see the usuals, Statue of Liberty, Time Square, all the tourist stuff. I texted Calum that night to ask him where they wanted to go. He told me to surprise them. That put a lot of pressure on me to give them a good tour. I actually woke up nervous the on the Saturday, I wasn’t used to having a lot of responsibility so this was slightly worrying.

I was meeting them outside their hotel and when I got there they were waiting outside. I pulled up in a stretched limo much to Luke’s dislike. Clearly shown by him shaking his head in disbelief. I got out of the car, fixing my skirt in the process."Okay where do you guys want to go first?" I asked them. They all shrugged simultaneously. I chuckled rolling my eyes. “Glad to know you guys have a plan” I said to them. “How about Time Square then?”. “Yes!..I mean yeah sure” Michael said playing it down. “Okay let’s go” I said beginning to walk. I turned around when I realised they weren’t following. 

"Where are you going?" As I watched them make the way to the limo. "Are we not taking the limo?" Ashton questioned. “You won’t to see the real New York don’t you?” I asked them. "Yeah" they mumbled. "Okay then, the only way to do that is ti take the subway" I said beginning to walk again. “Well are you coming?” I questioned not turning around. I could hear them shuffle as they jogged to catch up to me. “I wouldn’t take you as someone who would take the subway” Luke said with his hangs in his pockets. “What do you mean?” I questioned him. “I mean it’s not really want a typical girl like you would do”He said hesitantly. "You mean it’s not something a spoilt brat like me would do" I said smirking at him making reference to what he called me the first day we met.

He stayed silent unable to think of a response, “Yeah well there is a lot of things you don’t know about me”. Yes I am very privileged and I can come off as a bit of a snob something but honestly I just love being normal. I love just taking the subway or hanging around the city, it takes me away from the craziness of my life. I had a far from normal childhood. Going to parties and Galas every weekend instead of playgrounds. So sometimes it’s nice to just feel ordinary.

I strolled across the road but stopped when I realised they weren’t beside me anymore. "What are you doing?" I said looking at them still standing on the curb. “The green man isn’t showing yet” Luke said innocently. I laughed loudly walking back to them. “You guys are too adorable” I said taking Luke’s hand and dragging them across the road. I don’t know why I grabbed Luke’s hand instead of the other three. First instinct I guess.

I showed them all around Broadway and Time Square watching their eyes glow as they stared at all the lights. After a few hours of showing them around I was starting to get hungry. “Okay I need to eat before I pass out” I announced as we strolled down Madison. "Same" They all groaned. “What do you want?” I asked and they all replied with Pizza. I knew the perfect place. We took the subway to a little place on the corner of Park. It was hilarious to watch the boys on the Subway, standing still like they were scared for their lives of half the people on here.

I laughed at Luke and he smiled. He actually smiled at me. It was a miracle. We went to this little Diner I had found a few years back. It was really quaint and secluded which is what I loved. “What?” I asked Luke as he looked around in surprise."Nothing it’s just..it’s just" He said trying to find his words. "Not the sort of place you’d expect me to come to?" I said taking the words from his mouth. “Well yeah” He mumbled. "Like I told you earlier there is a lot of things you don’t know about me" I said as I slide into the booth opposite him.

Don't forget to vote and comment!