Chapter 5: Helping the sad rain

~Touma's POV~

It was quite an interesting morning! I did my usual morning routine. Got up, made lunch, visit the alley cat and go to Tsuna's house. I didn't expect someone waiting.
Touma: Octopus-kun!
Gokudera: It's Gokudera Hayato! Not Octopus you Fan Freak!
Touma: Are you here to walk Tsuna to school?
Gokudera: Of course I have to! As his right hand man I shall escort Juudaime to school! Why are you here Fan Freak?
Touma: I'm Tsuna's best friend. I'm the one who usually walks with him but I'm glad Tsuna made more friends.

Tsuna came out of his house and Gokudera immediately bows down.
Gokudera: Juudaime! Good morning!
Tsuna: G-Gokudera! No need to bow!
Gokudera: Juudaime deserves to have ultimate respect!
Tsuna sighs and I pat on his back.
Touma: He's not gonna stop soon Tsuna so you have to deal with it.
Reborn kicked Tsuna down and landed on his head.
Reborn: Touma is right Dame-Tsuna, stop complaining.
Tsuna: Get off of me!
Reborn jumps off and lands on my shoulder.
Reborn: Aren't you gonna be late Dame-Tsuna?
Tsuna: Hieeeee!! He's right! Gokudera, lets go!
Gokudera: Okay Juudaime!
They both run off, leaving us alone. I continue to walk to school while talking to the baby on my shoulder.
Reborn: Why are you not running?
Touma: I want them to get closer and I want to piss off Kyoya.
Reborn: Why do you like to anger him?
Touma: Kyoya can entertain me in Namimori. I like him....he has helped me through tough times.

As we continued chatting, we eventually made it to the entrance of the school. In front of the gates I see an underclassman who is in Tsuna's class and one of my friends. He was injured as I see a sling on his arm. Reborn was gone and I walk up to him.
Touma: Yamamoto Takeshi, What brings you here~?
Yamamoto: Miura Senpai! Are you gonna punish me?
Touma: I don't discipline injured students. What brings you here late Takeshi?
Yamamoto: Um...I injured my arm while practicing.
Takeshi looked sad.
Touma: Let's sit somewhere.

We sat inside the school's hallway. It'll be fine to talk since Kyoya would be patrolling outside today.
Touma: Continue your story.
Takeshi was hesitant but told me anyways.
Yamamoto: Our team is going to a major tournament and I started noticing my bad form in the last game. So....I started practicing more to get better.
Takeshi sighs but continues.
Yamamoto: I practiced too hard and I broke my arm. So now I can't play and I disappointed my team. The baseball gods must hate me this time.
I pat his shoulder, rubbing it to sooth his feelings.
Touma: You're not disappointing anyone Takeshi. You've practice because you wanted to help your team, but overstepping your limits is not good Takeshi. You also need to take a break once in a while.
I stood up and held out a hand to him.
Touma: Go back to your class, I'll write you an excuse for being late.
Takeshi grabbed my hand with his uninjured arm and I pulled him up to his feet.
Yamamoto: Wow Senpai! You're strong for your height.
Touma: Don't underestimate a person from their size.
Yamamoto: Thank you for the talk Miura Senpai....I'll head to class now.
He gave me a smile, it was fake.

Touma: Takeshi, don't you dare give me that look.
Yamamoto: What are-?
Touma: If you're giving me your smile, give me a genuine one. Not the fake ones you always give. I rather have you not smile at me at all than your fake one.
Yamamoto: How-?!
Touma: I've known you since school started. If I can't tell between your real or fake smile, what kind of friend am I to you then? Or yet, do you not consider me as your friend?
I walk past him but I spoke to him about one last thing.
Touma: Also, don't do something you'll regret. I care about you Takeshi.
I walk away, leaving a shocked Takeshi.

~Time Skip~

I was relaxing in the Reception room. I finish my paperwork, done patrolling around and disciplining students. (A.K.A.-beating them up)
Suddenly I heard shouting and panic outside of the room.
Touma: Is he....?
Reborn shows up in front of me.
Reborn: Yamamoto Takeshi is attempting suicide on the school rooftop.
Touma: I knew it....I had a feeling that he'll do something like this.
Reborn: I send Tsuna to retrieve him, he'll make a great comrade to Tsuna.
Touma: Okay...please watch over them Reborn.
Reborn: Of course, I'll make sure they're both safe. If I can't, than I'm not the world's greatest hitman. Go to the swimming pool with towels, they'll be there.
Touma: Okay Reborn.
Reborn disappears out of my sight. I went out the room, grabbed some towels in the nurse's office and head down to the pool. Like Reborn said, they landed in the pool. Tsuna was in his boxers again and Takeshi was with him.
Touma: Are you guys having fun swimming~!?
Tsuna: Touma!
Takeshi: Miura Senpai!
They both got out of the pool. Both were drenching wet but I gave a towel to Tsuna.
Yamamoto: Miura-?
I smack the towel in his face in anger.
Touma: You are an idiot!!
Yamamoto: O-Ow! Miura-!
Touma: Be quiet Takeshi!
Takeshi shuts up while Tsuna watches. I grab his shirt and pulled him down to my level. (Author: Touma is only a bit shorter than Yamamoto but he's taller than Tsuna)
Touma: I told you not to do something you'll regret and what do you do?! You made an attempted suicide off the roof.
I punch his chest but not enough to hurt.
Yamamoto: I'm sorry Senpai, I will seriously promise that I won't do that again. Tsuna saved me and I'm very glad that he saved me.
Tsuna: Of course I'll save you Yamamoto!

I sigh in exhaustion.
Touma: Call me Touma, I hate you saying Senpai. I've told you about this before.
Yamamoto: Haha! Sorry about that Touma, I'll try.
Reborn: Great job saving Yamamoto Dame-Tsuna.
Tsuna:R-Reborn!
Reborn was on Tsuna's head.
Yamamoto: A baby? Is he your brother Tsuna?
Tsuna: He's not!
Reborn: How would you like to join in Tsuna's mafia family?
Yamamoto: Mafia? Are you guys playing a game? I would love to join!
Tsuna: It's not a-!
Gokudera: Juudaime!!
Gokudera runs over to us.
Gokudera: I've ran here as fast as I could!
Yamamoto: Gokudera, are you also playing the mafia game?
Gokudera: Game! It's not a game you baseball freak!
Yamamoto: Hahaha.
Tsuna: Don't use dynamites Gokudera!
I smile at the scene. He gained one more friend. I look up at the roof to still see students lingering there. I walk away without them noticing and took out my phone. I dial up a phone number.

~Phone call~

Hibari: What do you want?
Touma: Kyo-chan~! There are students crowding on the roof.
Hibari: Hn, I'll deal with it. Are you coming over?
Touma: Yeah, I will. I'll see you in the front gates Kyoya.
Hibari: Hn. (Goodbye)
Touma: Bye Kyoya.

~End~

I ended the call and walk towards my destination. After a while, I saw him.
Hibari: Let's go.
Touma: Kay~!
We walked away from the school.

END