☣⚜ Prologue ⚜☣

"Is she in?" a man in his middle twenties asked the receptionist. It was obvious to the lady that he was in a rush because he didn't wait for her to answer. He walked passed her and entered the room. "Yep, she's in. Obviously, she is in or else why would you even be here?", said the receptionist to herself rolling her eyes while looking at the door he slammed behind him.

"Just what the hell you think you're doing?" He shouted in disbelief. He banged the table to gain her attention. The lady in front of him was looking at her laptop then switched her eyes to her computer every now and then. She didn't budge an inch. He then glared at her until she couldn't pretend to be not noticing anymore. "What? Is working on your table quietly without shooting your attention to a hot guy a crime? Are you here to arrest me for that, Mr Policeman? Do you even know how hard it is to work for a jerk without having your breakfast and lunch? You wouldn't disturb me if you have realized how important this work is to me until I am willing to sacrifice my precious meal for this job." But it didn't sound as funny as she thought to him. He took the thinnest file on the table and folded it. Before she knew what's coming she became the victim to a harsh file hit-on-the-head.

"Ouch! Stop! Will you..? Please..?" She covered her head and looked up to him. She was smiling at him. Her smile was so pleasing that anyone would think she's an angel. Is that what she is? He raised an eyebrow, looking not convinced.

"I know, I know! I'm sincerely sorry!" She placed her left palm on her head for a few seconds and then she combed her golden blonde hair smoothly with her fingers. Her mane shimmered as the sun rays through the window gently kissed her. She sighed heavily.

She noticed that he's still looking at her but not glaring anymore. He looked worried, like he always did. She felt bad because no matter how much he loves her, she always ends up hurting him. Seeing him hurt is not one of her intentions. But she has to do it somehow, by any means.

"Alrighttt! I will take 'the' responsibility like a woman", she said it out aloud to herself and shot him her-serious-stare. He looked at her sadly; worried because he knew what comes next. He took a few steps away from her table. She took off her reading glasses and placed it gently on the pile of files. She stepped back from her table and cat-walked towards him. He got a perfect view of her. She wore a candy red, long-sleeved lace dress which was a few inches off her knees. Her crimson lipstick goes perfect with the dress. He wondered, how she does not need any make up to cover up her flaws? Maybe because he doesn't think she has any. Yet, she did put on some make up.

She walked close to him and cupped his handsome cheeks with both her hands. She ran her thumbs in circles as if she was massaging his cheeks. She does remember those days when she had crushed on him for his jawlines. They were too perfect to be sexy. She ran her fingers along his jawlines. "You have never changed." She told him looking into his gray eyes. He saw pools of tears were forming in her innocent eyes. What she is about to do is going to cost her a lot. Indeed, a very irrational move. 

"Don't do this to yourself. End this stupidity!" He demanded her, gently. Grace has made up her mind. The chances of her backing off now is thin. "I will! When this is over". She whispered softly in his left ear.

The door flung open. A man entered the room and eyed the couple.

___

The man who was already in the room was caressing the lady's face with his left hand. While she held his right hand close to her heart. She kissed the back of his right hand which he has now curled into fist. He then opened his mouth to say something but realized that they were not by themselves. Casey turned facing the door.

"Excuse me? Have you ever heard of knocking the door before barging in?" He was transferring flaring glares to the man at the door. "I'm sorry, Mister. I was told, I should be in here as soon as I got the message. I just got the message. I didn't know you are here having fun inside". The man answered as if it was not his fault. "Whether I'm in or out, you should have knocked before you entered this room. And you better STAY AWAY FROM HER!" He threatened the other guy who now looked dumbfounded. 

'Are all the handsome guys in this world completely irrational?' The man at the door muttered.

"It's okay, Case. Leave now, I have some errands to run." She whispered. He squeezed her hand before letting it go. He turned around and stormed out of the room with a bang on the door.

It was the end of their relationship. For Grace, an ending is always a beginning to something.

"Have a seat!" She offered the man at the door.

"Thank you, Miss Jonah", he said with a smile.

"I see, you are in a good mood. I guess your marriage proposal turned out well. She didn't wait for his answer, she wasn't expecting him to answer. (Her eyes narrowed and she steadied them on him) Do you have what I asked for? (He looked clueless) The file?". Her understand-my-serious-situation aura was occupying the room.

"Yes, Boss. It's right here", he handed her the file. "Are you sure about this? I mean there are other temporary alternatives to be considered", he looked at his boss worriedly, just like Casey.

"This is temporary as well, Mr Joseph. Stop worrying about me and focus on your wedding". She smiled at him. "You may go", she pointed the file at the door. "One more thing, if anybody come to know about this, that'll be your last day breathing". She announced coolly without making any eye contact.

****
SECRET GARDEN'S
****

"What do you mean by that? How can you even think I would agree to something like that?" He paused. "Oh wait! Is this because you are too rich that you can do anything you want? Just who the hell are you to decide what's good for me? Huh?"

The man clearly lost his temper listening to what this crazy woman had just said. He was raging with anger. Once again, she didn't even budge which made his blood boil.

She simply looked outside the window and asked, "Is that the reason?" She paused. "Whatever! See, I give you one week to think about this and to reconsider your answer. It might get ugly for you. Besides, you already have enough of problems to deal with. Am I wrong, Mr Rogers?" She smirked and then winked at the glass of wine she's holding. Then, she laughed as if they are in the middle of a stand-up comedy show. Sure enough, the waiters and waitresses had their eyes set on her. Out of nowhere, she stood up and banged the table with her hands. Her eyebrows pinched together and she looked furious. In a serious tone, she shouted, "Do you seriously think I come to you unprepared? Hell.. If you do this willingly, you'll have some benefits as well. But if I make you do this, it will pain both of us. Think. Wisely." She was furious because she had no other choice, but of course he does have a lot of choices. Besides, for him, getting rid of her will be the first and best choice.

With that she stormed out of the restaurant. He was standing there hoping all of these were jokes and he's just a part of the joke. She was right! He already had enough to deal with. He can't let her get into his head. He stared at his already-leaving-the-restaurant-rival-devil in disbelieve.

 He stared at his already-leaving-the-restaurant-rival-devil in disbelieve