☣⚜Who's Motive Sucks The Most?⚜☣

"So, I was thinking that those who prepared this presentation will be the one doing this project instead of those who presented just now". Various shades of dissatisfaction were displayed on their faces. The attendees in the hall started talking among themselves. Grace was getting ready for the next session where all of them will be throwing her troubled looks and underestimated questions.

"Ms Jonah, we don't agree with you regarding this issue. It is maybe because you are still too young to understand how it works. The higher officials had to make their juniors prepare projects as it is part of their job. But handling a project is not like handling computer software. They mess up one thing, they mess it up all. It's a norm that the project must be lead by someone who's experienced. We think you are being delusional. You should step down".

"You said the same thing last time Mr Gillies but it did no good to us". Grace said sarcastically. "There are about seven corporate officials gathered together, with their secretary and those whoever you think should be in this meeting. Why? Because you think they are experienced enough. They can do it well compared to those you've left behind at your office. But then, it's not that all of you here are jumped down from the sky with all the experiences you are going to need in the future, right? We learn from our mistakes." Grace paused to take a deep breath.

"If we don't give them the opportunity they deserve they might not get the experience ever. They'll be preparing presentations forever. At the same time, all the other corporate out there will grow fast without leaving us time to catch up. (She took a deep breath, washing away their stupidity from her mind because it's overwhelming) What I'm trying to say is, if they can prepare a project, they know the way it works and if anything goes wrong, you know who to ask. Besides, dealing computer software is not that easy".

"This is a suicide dive, Ms Jonah. You can't carry on if we disagree with this idea, you know that", said another stubborn old idiot.

"I just voiced my opinion. It's not that I would expect you to think the way I think. By the end of this meeting, all of you will win without having to vote and those with talents will be ignored again". Her sarcasm has a little truth in it. She used to be a stepping stone too. If it wasn't for Stephen Jonah's personal interest, she wouldn't even be in that room or holding a prestigious position.

"Are we done?" Stephen Jonah asked with his eyes shooting fire at his daughter across the room.

"Yes!" She answered with disappointment and returned to her seat. "Stubborn idiots!" She entered her office, called her assistant and shouted over the phone. "BRING ME COFFEE!"

****

It was already 10 at night when she reached "their" house. She was so hungry. She searched for something to eat. But there's nothing to eat, no desserts, no can food, frozen meat or even cereals. But there were some fruits inside the fridge. She was in no mood to eat the green and vulgar things. She took out her phone to order door delivery but decided not to when she looked around. That freak, why is he even living here?

"Why would people even want to come all the way here to deliver a pizza? I guess they don't mind losing a few bucks". She was sad. She was missing her home, her food storage, and more specifically her life. Her stomach growled, admitting the defeat. The beast inside was ready to slit her belly and find a new master who would feed it on time.

She went to bed with an upset tummy. That house is scary. She could see things outside the glass walls. She closed the curtains and still the crazy things started to show up in her head instead. She switched on the lights and closed her eyes. She opened her eyes in a few minutes and looked at her phone screen. It was 4 a.m. and she was still awake and her stomach growled again. She can live without love but she can't live without food. No one can.