☣⚜Graffiti & Dumpster⚜☣

Rogers loosened his tie and walked to his car. Surprisingly, he saw the only person he wished not to see leaning against his car waiting for him with a cranky expression.

"Never thought there will be a day in life you'll be waiting for me." 

"There's something bothering me after talking to my friend awhile ago. I wanted to talk to you."

"Friend... not boyfriend?"

"Ex-boyfriend!" She snapped. 

"What did he say?" Rogers hesitantly asked. He felt a light pain in his head. He was planning to kill two birds with a stone. It turned out he will be the one stoned sooner or later. Grace didn't say a word which stirred his anxiety. "Let's talk somewhere else". 

They drove to a bar two towns away from the event. Grace remained silent. Rogers wondered how much have Kevin told her with the brief moment they had together. However, if Kevin really had said anything she should be running away rather than confronting him for explanation. She is naive but not stupid. Rogers decided this is something out of his concern. 

Grace bitterly drank the margarita served on the counter. Rogers had a few glasses of beer. "No one would believe if I were to say we are having our date!" Rogers mockingly said as casually put his hand on her lap as they were sitting closely next to each other.

Grace flinched to the sudden touch which flashed a few images of that night in her head. "Date?"

Rogers seductively leaned to her ear and whispered, "a date to seal our partnership like that day." He kissed her ear. He slowly moved his kisses from her earlobe to behind her ears and then traced down to her lips. Grace placed her index finger and middle finger between their lips when he was about to kiss her.

"Rogers, why are you meeting my dad frequently? Is this part of your dating scheme?" Grace narrowed her eyes on Rogers. Her eyes were demanding for answers and she looked uncertain. 

"Not frequently. Just some times to talk about business", Rogers answered as he diverted his eyes from her to the beer. "Is that what he told you?"

"Not just Kevin, Stephen Jonah's secretary said the same thing. Even I saw you two hanging out together a week ago."

Rogers sighed lightly. "Like I said, we were talking about business--"

"In his private cruise! Rogers, are you hiding something from me?" Grace interrupted. 

"What's wrong with talking about business in his private cruise? It's not that I'm snitching on you or revealing anything related to our contract so I don't see what's the problem here!" Rogers blurted out the truth. He didn't lie about what he said. 

"You are not being honest again. I am fine with all the other lies but this is outrageous. He only meet people in that cruise to talk about stuff unrelated to business. Stuff regarding the Crimson Bane, either kill one of them or kill one for them. Either way it's a terrible idea to even think about getting your nose in their business! What is going on between you two and... them?" 

"It's just a small dealing about something belonged to Bane", Rogers clenched his jaws and considered. Grace gulped her margarita impatiently. "Something that is needed by everyone so your father thought maybe I could help him and we sort of made a deal". 

"A deal? Really now, Rogers? Even on the day we got married he was still plotting to kill you and you revealed his scandal and has been giving him headache for a month now! Rogers, I don't know if he can still do this". Grace shook of his hand from her lap. Her voice trembled as she angrily spoke with her low voice, eyes tearing with fear. "You know what? Nobody involves with the-- the Bane comes out alive. I may not know what you are up to but I know the pattern. The first person connected to the betrayers die. I don't know many but I know I am connected to both of you".