☣⚜Devils' Feast II - Loathed Child⚜☣

"What do you mean she's sleeping in the dressing room?" Rosa laughed. "Shut up! It's not funny". Rogers was irritated. Grace gave him the look of accusation and still helped him. She had been a great help yet, he couldn't help her with anything. Not even her sleeping problems. He had been checking up on her since she went missing at nights. He found her in his dressing room, day after day. She's not a spoiled brat like she claimed but she is still the daughter of a multimillionaire and she is his wife. 

"And what did you do?" Rogers remained silent. "What? You did nothing? That's your wife sleeping in the dressing room and you did nothing to bring her back to bed? What happened to your bedding skills until she is refusing to sleep with you?" Rogers sighed. He hung up on her as someone knocked on his office door. "Come in!"

"I hope I'm not disturbing any important works". Rogers lifted his head and saw Stephen Jonah and his PA walking towards him. 

"I didn't expect you here-- (Rogers was astounded) --today. Is there anything I can do for you, Mr Jonah? Jeremy, is working on the project with The Bourne. I don't--" 

Stephen Jonah waved his hand and sat across Rogers. "Do I need a reason to meet my son-in-law? Grace would be very disappointed if she was here!" Rogers was once again bereft of speech. He somehow got the hint of the meeting's purpose. Rogers straightened his back and held out his right hand to Stephen Jonah.  

Stephen took Rogers's hand and gave him a warm handshake. "Well, of course not! How may I assist you?" Rogers smiled and Stephen laughed in relief.

"I've just met Haynes and everything is fine. Don't worry. I just want to invite you to come over sometime for a perfect family dinner. My daughter is sticking around you ever since the wedding. What do you say?" Rogers knew why she stopped visiting and why she hesitated to join the dinner with him. She hates both the men. No way she would have them both at a place to torture her even further.

"So when's this dinner?" Stephen signaled his PA to check on the dates. His PA showed him the screen. "It would be on Thursday evening at The Williams. I hope you can make it". Stephen ordered his PA to go back without him. He then looked at Rogers, "Should we talk about the details somewhere else?"

****

Grace had been away for a couple of days. Rogers never really discussed about meeting her family. He had been thinking about her ever since he talked to her father. Will they ever be able to work together? 

Grace came back Tuesday night. Rogers was on the bed working on his laptop. There's a study room and a personal office but he might come across the devils. His own room will do. She took shower and get into the perfect wife's fancy sleeping robe. She sat in front of the dressing table and combed her long golden blonde hair. He glanced at her. She happened to make an accidental eye contact with him through the mirror. Rogers grinned. She looked away.

They have been playing home since the night they entered the Marilyn Castle. She has been the same just like the day he met her. Thus, he decided to be less bipolar and stick to just one personality. At least, when she's around. He inhaled and started the conversation. "Your dad came to see me two days ago. He wants us to have dinner with him on Thursday. So, are we going to go?" He wasn't surprised that she ignored him. It was night after all. The hardest time in her every day life.

Grace stood up and walked pass him to the balcony. She took out her phone from robe pocket and dialed Jade's number. They happened to talk for the whole night. Grace eventually slept outside on the swing in the balcony. Rogers came outside and found a Grace who had curled up into a soft silk ball on the swing. He went back inside and came back with a fur blanket. He wrapped the blanket around her. She then became a little fur ball. He watched her calm face which can never be this calm on the bed next to him.