☣⚜Just One Kiss⚜☣

Rogers remained silent for a moment.

"The plan was just fine. She doesn't want to have anything to do with the business. She's working hard for that man's industry as if it is hers. There's no way I could mess with that, personally. It's a simple and convenient revenge. I didn't know it'll effect her this much". Rogers combed his hair backwards with his fingers. He looked troubled. Casey put down his glass on the table. He laughed.

"It was a great move! She'll get over it and celebrate soon. I just can't believe that Mr Playboy actually cares about someone's feelings. I'll be get going now so that you can continue your whatever-business-it-was. Hate to say this but maybe you're not completely a dick, Rogers". Rogers faked a cough. Casey walked towards the door. Rogers offered him a ride back home but Casey refused. Rogers wondered whether he should go back or stay. He walked upstairs to say goodbye. But it really depends.

He pushed open the door and found Grace standing over the lamppost near her bed. She was swiping her iPhone screen. He realized that there's no light in the room. It wasn't bright and it wasn't entirely dark since the room received a little moonlight. Her hair glistened under the very little light. Rogers was brainstorming how not to offend her further for the day when he entered the room.

"Is he still downstairs?" Grace asked as soon as she saw Rogers entering the room. She threw her phone on the bed. She was wearing a silky pink sleeping robe. Her hair was wet. She just had a shower. He could smell the herbal soap in the bedroom. It was a fainting sweet smell. He walked near the bed where she was calmly standing. She looked normal, not vulnerable anymore. He shook his head as a reply to her question. His mind ordered him to stop walking, turn around and get his ass out of that house. His heart on the other hand, was very stubborn and they were already skipping a few beats every now and then.

"Just now, I know I looked stupid but there were things going on in my head. I didn't mean to cry. I know you must be thinking that I made you look bad there. I won't be surprised if you're ashamed of being seen with me and whatever happened just now was completely on me. I didn't mean that. But trust me, people in this town mind their own business. You don't have to be afraid of bad publicity". She smiled and assured him. Something was unusual about this whole conversation. She watched him walking closer and was very confused when he didn't stop taking steps towards her. In fact, he didn't plan to stop.

Rogers stopped walking when there's not much space left in between them. He thought just one kiss isn't going to kill them both. He placed both his hands on her waist. She is tall. It didn't took him much time to lean close to her tired face. Grace looked puzzled. She quickly put her hands on his chest to push him away as she knew what he's trying to do. She let her guard down in the bar. She can't let that happen again. He paused when he felt her cold palms on his chest.

He wanted to make sure he's under self-control or else he'll make it worse for both of them. But he is beyond that safe zone at this moment. Without further hesitation, he pressed his sexy red lips on her soft pink lips. His grip on her waist tightened. He wanted a deep kiss. He wanted to feel her like Casey did whenever they made love. Rogers isn't asking for making love, he is asking for a remarkable kiss which to let her know she only belong to him now. But he didn't feel anything because they knew they don't have any kind of feelings for each other.

She had tempted him for so long whenever she avoided him. No woman had ever tempted him this much. It wasn't disappointing when she didn't kiss him back but instead she pushed him further away from her. The devil's apprentice wouldn't give in that easily. Somehow, he deserved that punishment. He deserved more than that for keep hurting her. Besides, she had always been on high security. There's no way she would give in now.