- iii -

Rye and Brooklyn had managed to avoid each other all day. They hadn't seen each other all afternoon while they were in the same house, so neither of them were amused when they - quite literally - bumped into each other in the shop.

Rye was looking for a fizzy drink, Brooklyn for some chocolate, (both in the same aisle) and as they were both searching, they bumped into each other.

"Sorry," the two of them mumbled in harmony, then realised who the other was.

"You? What are you doing here?" Brooklyn snarled, holding back a smirk at t

"Skydiving," Rye answered sarcastically, "what the fuck does it look like I'm doing?"

"Go fuck yourself," Brook rolled his eyes.

Rye smirked, "it looks like you already did that last night."

"I fucking hate you," Brooklyn glared at him. So why, ten minutes later, were they in Rye's bedroom?

Brooklyn, once again, had pinned Rye against the wall. Rye swallowed as he looked at Brook's hands either side of his head, pushing his wrists into the wall. He winced but tried to ignore the pain in his hand from his fall.

"You're a piece of shit, Ryan, you know that?" he spat.

"I know," he bit his lip, "but I-"

"Shh, I don't want a fucking excuse," he cut him off, glaring at him.

The guilty look on Rye's face as he bit his lip made Brooklyn laugh, "so now you're feeling bad?"

"I've felt like shit for weeks, Brook," Rye mumbled.

"Did you feel like shit when you were kissing some slut?"

"Brookie, please-"

"Do you remember last night?" Brook asked, his head tilting a little as he looked at him.

"Not a lot of it, no," Rye told him.

"Want me to show you what happened...?"

"I uh- we-"

"Besides the fighting," Brooklyn added.

Rye nodded slowly and Brooklyn's lips crashed onto his. He kissed back, his hands still pinned to the wall, struggling against Brooklyn's.

Brooklyn smirked against Rye's lips, he wasn't used to being in control, but he enjoyed it. Rye seemed to enjoy it too, as he hummed softly into the kiss, though Brook slowly pulled away, chuckling as Rye tried to follow him, "Brook.."

Brooklyn looked at him. "What's the matter?" he teased.

"Please, Brooklyn," Rye hummed.

He shook his head with a smirk , "that's all you get."

Rye bit his lip, "Brook, please, I-"

"Ryan-" Brooklyn said firmly, cutting Rye off, "...text me. I might answer."

Brook dropped Rye's hands and swiftly left the room. He was halfway down the street when Rye registered what had happened and followed him downstairs.

Son of a bitch, he mumbled to himself as he watched Brooklyn walk away.