- iv -

Rye sat for about five minutes with his texts open. He didn't know what to say, he wanted to apologise, to beg Brooklyn to take him back, but he knew wouldn't get a reply if he did.

He settled on just, "Hey" and as he pressed Send, his stomach flipped. He wasn't expecting a reply any time soon but he was nervous all the same.

- Hey Ryan

Rye almost dropped his phone when he got a reply a few minutes later. He didn't know what to say back, but he didn't get a chance to think about it because Brooklyn texted him again.

- Come over in 10

Rye raised a brow at the message, deciding not to reply, but to grab his shoes as he called a taxi.

---

Brooklyn knew Rye would show up. He knew he'd want them to get back toogether, to be forgiven, but it wasn't going to be that easy because he also knew that he deserved better.

He waited for a moment, making him wait for a while before he let him in.

"Hey," Rye said quietly as Brook shut the door behind him.

"Hi," Brooklyn said, "we need to talk.. Like, now."

Rye nodded, letting him continue.

"This.." Brook said, pointing between the two of them, "..isn't a thing. We're not about to get back together - you fucked up and I don't forgive that easy."

"Brook, I.." Rye tried to apologise, though he was cut off by Brooklyn's lips on his.

He hummed softly into the kiss as Brook pushed him into the wall, mumbling against his lips, "don't talk.."