Chapter 1: Peter Parker

A quick key if you've never read and x Reader. (Y/N)= Your name, (Y/F/N) = Your full name, (H/C)= Hair color, (H/L)= Hair length, (E/C)= Eye color, and (F/C)= Favorite color.

  "(Y/N)," my father, Tony Stark, called through the intercom system conveniently around our unnecessarily large mansion, "come down for dinner."

  "Yep," I yelled absentmindedly back as I set my book down.

  "And another thing, Peter's over," He added quickly and clicked the microphones off.

  "Oh great," I mumbled. I got reluctantly out of my bed without bothering to take my hair out of its messy bun. I didn't need to impress Peter, I'd know him since we were both fifteen and had snuck around under my father's noses, hanging out almost weekly. I padded out my room in socked-feet, navigating through the almost endless corridors, rooms, and staircases.  Sliding across the slick tiled floor of the kitchen, I grabbed a plate from the marble counter and slipped into my usually smack-dab in the middle spot of the dining table.

  "Couldn't you have at least changed out of that old t-shirt," My dad asked even though we both knew he didn't care.

  "Dad, I'm an angsty eighteen-year-old, I don't have time to look presentable unless I'm trying to impress a hot boy," I stated simply and stuck my fork into the gourmet spaghetti on my plate.

  "Aren't I a hot boy," Peter asked with fake hurt in his voice as he entered the room with arms full of books.

  "Your an off-limits hot boy I've known for three years," I shrugged.

  "Off-limits is right," Tony agreed without looking up from whatever was on his tablet screen, "I don't need my daughter engaging in romantic intercourse with my intern."

  Something about what my father said tickled Peter's funny bone and he chuckled under his breath.

  "Did I make a joke, Parker?" My father looked up at him from under his glasses.

  "No sir," Peter shook his head, stifling a smile. 

  Despite my dad's firm tone, there was a knowing glance exchanged between them, like one of them had referenced an inside joke they had. I looked at my dad, then at Peter, then back at my dad.

  "Did I miss something?" I asked.

  "Nothing worth not missing," My father said bluntly.

  "Well-um- I better get going," Peter sad quickly.

  "Wait, let me walk you out." I pushed back my chair, but my dad shot a look at me.

  "What?-" I held up my hands-" I'm not going to molest him by the front door."

  "Molest me?" Peter asked from the doorway.

  Tony rolled his eyes and waved us off without further objection.

  "We still on for tomorrow?" I asked under my breath as soon as we were out of earshot.

 "Why are you whispering," Peter asked equally under his breath, "And yes, we are still on for tomorrow."

"Great," I smiled widely, "See you then." I opened the door for him, got on my tiptoes, and pecked his cheek. We were both use to simple signs of affection like that, but something about the air around us for the past month made light blushes brush out cheeks. Ignoring it, I waved to him and shut the door.

  A sigh escaped me as I leaned against the heavy-looking light double doors that 'shut the outside world out where it belonged' according to my dad. I couldn't help the faint smile that danced across my lips at all the memories filling my head. Even though three years sounded like a short time, it'd felt like I'd know Peter for forever. My dad probably thought we were just acquaintances, but I knew Peter better than my dad did. After knowing Peter for six months, I started sneaking out to meet and get to know him. The more I learned about him and his crazily sweet ways, I could just feel myself devoting every bit of my heart that I could spare to him.

  A smile still graced my face as I padded back into the kitchen. "I'm going to bed, dad."

  He actually looked up this time. "Really? It's not even nine."

  I ignored the skepticism clear on his face and shrugged. "I have stuff to do tomorrow that I want to be awake for. Unlike you, I need more the five hours of sleep to function properly."

  "I'm choosing to ignore that unnecessary sass from you; goodnight, (Y/N)," He accepted a quick hug from me.

  I pulled my phone out as I hurried up the stairs, quickly opening my favorite news outlet to see if there was anything interesting. I skimmed over the usual stuff, politics, random drama, and stopped on the good stuff; Spider-Man.

  I read a short article about his appearance tonight in Queens. I had decided a while ago that he probably lived there, hence his frequent appearance there. That narrowed down my search to the too many people that lived there. Nothing in t he article jumped out to me, so I plopped down dejectedly in my bed. My intense search to figure out Spider-Man's identity was more of a time-filler than anything else. Part of me didn't really want to actually find out who it was because if I could find it out who's to say that the next big evil guy trying to kill him couldn't.

  I kicked the already mussed covers to the side and slid my bare legs underneath. Scanning the news one last time, I put my phone on my nightstand, clicked the lights off, and settled down to sleep.