Chapter 14: Diva

Hey, a little PSA for anyone interested: I've started a Peter Parker/Spider-Man x Reader one-shots if you wanna check it out.

___________

  Despite that fact that there were 5 grown men currently living with me that I barely knew, I felt fine. But for once in my life, I didn't want to feel okay because while I was sitting at home, completely protected, Peter and my dad were out fighting some idiot guy that wanted something as well as me.

  I groaned loudly and flopped dramatically and fell onto an over-stuffed couch.

  "What happened!?" My current personal guard who was very jumpy asked, rushing over to me, "Were you shot!?"

  "Yeah, I was shot in the heart, there's zero blood, and I'm still talking,"I rolled my eyes.

  "Don't scare me like that," he, Greg was it, mumbled as he moved back to his previous position.

  I ignored him and flicked on the tv. I'd been doing this all day, leaving the tv for at most an hour, then hurrying back to see if there were any updates about the whole Void situation. Oh, and I was also checking every news outlet from Maryland and just about anywhere else nearby. I'd only found a few brief stories about it with little if no new information.

  I groaned loudly again and pushed myself angrily off the couch. Stomping dramatically across the shiny wood floors, I flung open one of the many balcony doors and went out to slouch, like the spoiled brat I probably was, on a glass railing. Wind from the ocean nearby whipped my hair around my face as I stared off into the distance. I felt that I had the right to act like a diva, so I was leaning heavily into it.

  "Are you okay up there?" A voice called from below.

  I looked down to see Regan, slightly concerned, but mostly amused. "As okay as you would expect me to be with my dad and boy-" I caught myself-" best friend fighting some rando villain."

  "The thing is, I don't know what to expect so I was kind of hoping you would just tell me," he called. I stiffled a lugh, Regan was by far my favoirte of the gaurds because he didn't treat my weirdly or act like there were assasin lurking around every corner. Don't get me wrong, he did his job well and made me felt safe, but he was calm and that really helped me.

  "Well, I'm stressed out of my mind, I don't know what to do with myself, and I really want to dislocate someone's ellbow," I said.

  "That's a really spesfic way to cause someone pain," he noted.

  "Well, I'm in a specific mood."

  "You look like you're more in a diva mood." Oh, did I mention, he could read people really well so he knew when to back off or stick close? Well, he did.

  "Don't tell me what mood I'm in," I teased.

  "As you wish," he smiled and started off on his patrol.

* * * * *

  The sun had set hours ago and I was still up furiously scribbling down everything in my head. I had actaully seen Peter, well, Spider-Man and my dad, well, Ironman on the news. They looked beat, not mortally or severly hurt, but exhsuated and worse for wear. That had set my off, so since 7:22 p.m I had been writing down every theory that could possibly help any body during this increasingly wrose 'Void' sitatuion. I hadn't even looked up when Greg had traded posts with Regan. Gred had muttered something like 'she's crazy' under his breath as he left, but I'd just ignored it.

  Now it was 11:57 p.m and I had not intention of going to bed any time soon.

  "Hey- um- maybe you should get some rest," Regan said quietly.

  "Mhm," was my empty repsonse.

  I heard Regan move from his relxaxed but alert position agsint a nearby wall and over to the breakfast bar stool beside me.

  "What do you even plan to do with all this?" he gestured at the mulitples pages of hurried words around me and the half finsiehd one infront of me.

  "I"m going to send them to my dad or whoever will take them," I muttered, still focused.

  "You would porbably work better if you slept on this... ideas and imporved the in the morning," he suggested gently.

  "It's almost morning already so what's the point? I've pulled alot of all-nighters in my life," I shrugged it off.

  "Please just get some sleep. It would really make my job easier," Regan sighed.

  I snorted. "How would me sleeping help you?"

  "For starters, I wouldn't have to worry about your heath as well as your life."

  "Okay," I looked up just for the sake of giving him a skepitcal side-eye, "my health and life go hand in hand."

  "Yes, but if I don't have to take care of your sleeping schedule and make sure you eat, which you porabbly should by the way, you barely eat anything for supper, I can watch for assains or kidnappers a lot easier."

  "Valid point."

  "Does that mean you'll go sleep for atleast a few hours?" he asked hopefully.

  I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Fine, if you'll get off my back."

  "Deal," Regan held out his hand and I shook it, "See you in the morning."

* * * * *

  I woke up at 5 in the morning. To be fair, I acutally slept more than were included in Regan and my deal. 

  I swung open my bedroom door wearing only a differnt shirt than yeasterday; the same sweatpants, fuzzy socks, and un-buttoned flannel still kept my warm.

  "Goodmorning, diva," Regan called cheerfully from his spot just before the first stair on my very extra glass spiral staircase.

  "Why do you not even look kind of sleepy?" I asked, annoyed that he still ooked okay with like no hours of sleep.

  "5 hour energy," he shrugged, follwing me down the stairs.

  "That's unfair to the rest of us who look like trash with anything less than six hours of sleep," I said.

  "Are you implying that yiu look trashy? because you don't."

  "Okay, there's somemany things I want to say to that."

  "Go for it."

  "First," I grabbed a packet of microwaved oatmeal, "You're telling me that I don't look like garbage wearing just about the same thing I wore yesterday even after I slept in it? And you ignored that fact that I basically called you attractive?" 

  "Which one do you want me to respond to?" he raised an eyebrow.

  "How about the first one to boast my lacking self esteem," I suggested, sitting down with my bowl of steaming oatmeal.

  "I'm not sure if I still mean what I said after learning that you're wearing you clothes from yesterday," he said, rubbing his chin with fake thoughtfullness.

  "Shut up," I tried to look offened. 

__________

Hey, that ending sucked.