Perfect II (CXIII)...Lunch Date

"Good morning!" A familiar voice startled me when I was about to enter into the lift at Penguins.

"Good morning, Jake." I greet him back as he enters the lift. The lift door closes and I know it's going to get a little awkward because it's only me and him inside now.

"You look nice in this dress." Jake compliments me. I totally didn't see that coming. Jake complimenting me? Wow.

"Thanks." I say and my eyes immediately look down at the dress that I was wearing. It was as though I had forgotten what I wore today. Oh, it's the turquoise dress, of course.

"After you." Jake holds on to the lift when the door opens and lets me walk out of the lift first.

He smiles at me while keeping his eyes fixed on me as I walk out of the lift. It kinda makes me feel a little weird, but probably I'm just overeacting. I guy like Jake will never like a girl like me, but damn, he smells so good.

"Will you be free for lunch later?" Jake asks as we enter our office.

"Errrr, lunch? Yeah, I guess so."

"Right, we'll see again for lunch then." He says and opens the door to his room before he walks in. I stare at him until his room door shuts, making my eyes blink rapidly in shock.

Did he just invite me for lunch? This is weird.

"OH MY GOD! WHAT ON EARTH DID JUST HAPPEN?" Emma comes to my table as I take a seat on my chair and turn on my computer.

"What?" I ask back.

"Did he ask you out?"

"Who?"

"Jake! Who else?"

"He just asked me to join him for lunch."

"WHATTT?" She dragged her "What" longer than usual.

"What's the big deal anyway? It's just lunch."

"He likes you. For sure! In my 4 years of working here, I've never heard of anyone being invited for lunch with Jake. I'm so jealous now!"

"Come on, it's just lunch. Nothing fancy." I say.

I do find it a little weird that Jake invited me for lunch today, but I'm trying not to overeact about the whole thing infront of Emma. I'm guessing Jake invited me for lunch for a reason. It must have something to do with Josh. I wonder if Emma knows anything about Josh. I better keep my mouth sealed about Josh for now.

"Nothing fancy? Every girl in this damn office has been dreaming of having just a drink with him. And all of a sudden, you're the one to get called for lunch with him. I'm so going to kill you for this." Emma says.

"Wooow wooow Why do you wanna kill Adella for?" Danny comes in at the right time to save me.

"Ask her yourself." Emma says and crosses her arms infront of her chest. She looks grumpy. I can only laugh looking at her like that.

"What?" Danny turns to me and ask.

"Jake invited me for lunch." I state.

"Holy fuck! Are you serious?"

I laugh at Danny's remarks. I really don't understand what's the big deal about Jake inviting me for lunch. These people are really overreacting.

"Now tell me, should I kill her or not?" Emma responds to Danny.

"Yeah you should." Danny jokes.

I laughed at my two supervisors before we went back to work again. I had only one paragraph to edit now before I send this article to Danny. Halfway through the editing, my phone beeped. I stretched my neck to relax the muscles before I picked up my phone.

It was a text message from Harry.

- I love you, baby. Can't stop thinking about you - I read his text.

A smile grows on my face as soon as I saw the text. Reading Harry's text seems sweeter than hearing him say these words to me in person. My heart feels like it just flew to heaven and came back to me. It's been ages since Harry texted me like this. I never expected a text like this from Harry, which explains why I'm all excited after reading the text.

- Love you too. Thinking about you ♥ - I text him back.

I go back to work on my article after sending that text. I think Harry was caught up with work too after that because I didn't receive a text since the last one I sent.

Although it was only one paragraph, it took me more than 3 hours to finish the editting. I wanted it to be perfect because this is going to be the first article which I edit all on my own without any assistance from Danny or Emma. I want to impress them with this article and possibly impress Jake and Victoria as well in the long run. Day by day, I'm really enjoying my work here at Penguins and I really hope I will be able to stay in this job for a long time to come. Whether or not I like Jake and Victoria, I'm still obliged to perform my best for them so that my job here will be secured for a long time.

When I looked at the clock opposite me, it was only 10 minutes to noon.

I leaned my body slightly to the back to see Jake in his office. He was on phone and looked rather busy still. My stomach is rumbling in hunger, but I guess I can wait for a few minutes for him.

"Hey Danny, shall we go?" Emma sounds from her workstation.

"Oh shit. It's already lunch time? Yeah, ok, let's go." Danny responds.

"Enjoy your lunch!" Danny says to me as he arranges the pile of papers on his desk.

I smile at him.

"I'm not going to wish you the same." Emma says and got me and Danny laughing.

"Come on, it's not like I'm going to marry him. It's just lunch with him." I say.

"Still? I've never been called for even a drink with him!" She says.

"I'm just kidding ok. Enjoy your lunch with him. And update me everything later. Ok?" Emma says and smiles at me.

"Yes, mam." I say to her before the two of them walked away from me.

I turn off my computer and decided to check my phone while waiting for Jake.

I wish Harry would text me something now.

"Are we good to go?" Jake's voice makes my heart skip for a second.

"Yeah." I say and immediately stand up from my chair. I grabbed my wallet and walked with him out of our office.

"Where are we going?" I ask Jake as the lift door closes.

"Have you been to Gail's Kitchen?" Jake asks me. The lift stops at the third level and a few other people join us in the lift.

"Nope, but I've heard about it." I say.

"Yeah, their bread there is good. And the service there is really good."

"Ok," I say and the lift door opens at the ground level.

"Where do you normally go for lunch?" Jake asks as we both walked out of lift, side by side.

"I usually.." I begin and stopped. My jaw drops as my eye catches the sight of someone I never thought would be here now. I think I might have to reject Jake's lunch invitation now.

To be continued...

* HEY EVERYONE! I'VE SOMETHING THAT I FEEL I NEED TO TELL YOU GUYS.

MY NEW COLLEGE SEMESTERS STARTS FORM THIS MONDAY ONWARDS. I'VE MIXED FEELINGS ABOUT MY NEW SEMESTER STARTING AND I KNOW THAT SCHOOL WORK IS GOING TO EAT UP HALF OF MY TIME FROM THIS MONDAY.

BUT I'M STILL NOT GOING TO STOP WRITING "PERFECT". I'LL CONTINUE TO WRITE, BUT THE CHAPTERS WILL PROBABLY BE SHORTER BECAUSE I PLAN TO UPDATE EVERY SINGLE DAY, IN SHORT CHAPTERS RATHER THAN UPDATING IN LONG CHAPTERS BUT LESS FREQUENTLY.

I HOPE YOU GUYS WILL STILL SUPPORT ME AND VOTE AND COMMENT AS YOU ALWAYS HAVE. THANKS SO SO MUCH FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING IN ADVANCE. I LOVE YOU ALL SOOO MUCH ♥