Chapter7

"Life is not just about the good things or not just about the bad things. It is both. It all depends where you focus your attention."

ⓚⓐⓣ

~~~~~

I woke up to the sound of someone screaming. I put on my robe and headed downstairs. The screaming got louder as I walked towards the basement door. I breathed in before turning the knob and opening the door. I walked down the steps to see Issac chained to the wall by his wrists. He was in full wolf form and he was getting electrocuted. Gerard came around the corner with a broad sword. He turned and smiled at me.

"Oh, Good. You're up. You came just in time for the best part." He says before lifting up the sword and gripping it with both of his hands, facing Issac.

"NO!!" I screamed while lunging myself at Gerard. He turned and pushed me down.

Next thing I knew my Uncle Chris came down and held me back. I kept kicking and screaming to get out of his hold. Gerard lifted his sword and cut Issac in half, his blood spattered everywhere including onto me.

"ISSAC!!" I screamed as tears rushed down my face. . .

I sat up, gasping. I looked at my clock. 3:15 p.m. I held my hand up to my forehead and sighed. I picked up my phone from my nightstand and called Issac. It rang two times before he picked up.

"Kat? What's wrong babe? It's three sixteen in the morning." He yawned.

I ran my fingers through my hair. "I know. I'm sorry. I had a nightmare--"

"Hey, say no more. I'll be right over." He says.

"Kay." I said before hanging up.

I got up to unlock my window for Issac. I turned on my night light and walked into my bathroom. I turned on the sink and splashed some water onto my face. I turned off the sink and looked into the mirror. I ran my fingers through my hair. It was still short from when I cut it. I had bags under my eyes which were red and puffy from the crying. I sighed and dried my faced before walking into my room to see Issac just getting in through my window. I walked towards him.

"Sorry. I ran all the way here and--" I stopped him by wrapping my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kisses my cheek.

"You wanna talk about it?" He whispered. I pulled away and looked up at him with tears already forming.

"Gerard had you chained downstairs in our basement to the wall and he cut you in half." I explained, sniffling as I did.

"In your nightmare?" He asks and I nodded.

He took off his jacket, shirt, and pants. He grabbed my hand and we crawled under my cover. I leaned over to turn off my lamp. I snuggled into his chest and he traced shapes on my arm as he kissed my forehead.

"What's going to happen if Gerard finds out about us?" He asks me.

" I don't know. I mean it's pretty obvious that I can't trust my Uncle. I wouldn't be surprised if he's told him about us. And I was so close with him. I thought that I could tell him anything and that that would stay between us. . . I don't know anymore." I sighed.

"Hey, we'll get through this." Issac says.

"Please don't say that." I said while looking up at him.

"Well, what else do you want me to say?" He sighs.

"I don't know. . . Just, anything but that." I said and he nodded.