Chapter12 2/2

"Never underestimate your enemy."

ⓣⓗⓘⓡⓓ

~~~~~~~~

At the Argent household, Chris and Victoria Argent were preparing for dinner when Gerard, Allison and Kat walk in.

"Oh, good. You're back. Dinner's almost ready." Victoria says, smiling.

"Why haven't they come in yet?" Allison whispers to Kat. Kat looks over at her and shrugs.

Scott and Issac were outside, debating on if they should go in or not. Scott gives up and walks in first.

"Oh, hey Scott." Chris says.

"Hey, Mr. Argent." Scott says.

"How was the game?" Chris asks.

"I think you should ask the star player." Gerard interrupts. "Where is he by the way?"

If on cue, Issac walks in, exhaling as he sees Chris basically shooting daggers at him through his piercing blue eyes.

"Issac? I didn't know you were coming over? Was anyone willing to inform me about this?" Chris says, looking at Kat.

Kat's eyes casually shoots over to Gerard, hinting that it was his idea. Chris just sighs.

"Chris, it's okay. I'll just set out some extra plates. Come in Issac, sit down. Make yourself comfortable." Victoria says, before going into the kitchen.

Everyone was seated and had started to eat. But the silence was just too much for Gerard so he had to say something.

"Alright. Why is everyone so quiet?" Gerard asks.

"Really?" Kat says, rolling her eyes at him.

ⓘⓢⓢⓐⓒ

~~~~~~~~~

"What? Is it that bad that you and Issac dated?" Gerard asks.

"Maybe he forgot?" I heard Scott's thoughts, to which he was referring to, Gerard sending the hunter out to kill me. Did he forget? I mean, he is old.

"Well, Gerard. Did you ask Kat and Issac if they would be uncomfortable?" Chris asks.

"Okay, I know it's been a few centuries since I was a teenager but even back then we dated and broke up all the time." Gerard says.

"We're fine. Right Issac?" Kat asks, looking over at me.

"Yes. We're fine." I faked a smile.

"Then why did you two break up?" Gerard asks me.

"Uh, she dumped me?" I said.

"No offense Issac but I think Kat felt you two were just growing apart, you know?" Chris says.

"None taken, but I think--"

"As if the Uncle/ Father figure's opinion isn't biased." Gerard interrupts me to say. "How do you know they weren't as passionate as Romeo and Juliet?"

I looked over and saw Kat smile a little.

"Romeo and Juliet committed ritual suicide." Chris says, taking away Kat's smile instantly.

"Can we talk about something else?" Allison asks.

"Brilliant idea." Mrs. Argent says and Scott chuckles softly.

"Issac. How about you help me grab the dessert from the kitchen." Mr. Argent says.

"Uh, sure." I said