Chapter18

A/N: I'll explain the picture at the end of the chapter.  . Anyways
Enjoy v.v

" You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength."

ⓚⓐⓣ

~~~~~~~

I was in my room laying on my bed, binge watching PLL and eating popcorn. Melissa said that she wanted to keep Allison over night and run a few tests on her, so my Aunt, Uncle and I came home, but Scott stayed.

"Clear your schedule." Lydia comes into my room with Macy bags and lays them on my bed. " This could take a while."

I paused the TV and set my bag of popcorn aside as I stood up. "How many outfits do you plan on wearing tomorrow night?"

"It's my birthday party. I'm thinking host dress, evening dress, then, mm, after-hours casual." She's says pulling out the dresses.

"Where's Alli? She should be here for this." She asks.

I debated on telling her or not, but I just came out with it anyway. "Uh, she's at the hospital."

She stops messing with the dresses and gasps. " Oh my God, is she alright ?"

"No--no, she's in a coma. But don't worry, okay. Let's talk about something else. I noticed that you didn't send out any invites." I said.

She frowns and then smiles. " Yeah--It's the biggest party of the year, Kat. Everyone knows."

"I was wondering if maybe this year things, you know, might be different." I said.

"Why would anything be different?" She asks.

"Just 'cause things have been off lately. Things and people. Like Jackson. And what about Ruka ?" I ask.

"What do you care about Jackson and Ruka?" She asks.

"Do you know if they're coming tomorrow night?" I ask. I actually know that Ruka isn't coming because he has to prepare for the full moon.

"Everyone's coming." She says and picks up a knee length, spaghetti stringed, peach colored dress. " This one's American rag. Mm, I love it. For me, not you."

She holds out another dress. It was black and short with gold spikes on the hemline. "This one's edgy chic. It's for you."

Suddenly there was a knock at my door. I turned to see my Aunt.

"Mrs. Argent. What do you think of this one?" Lydia asks her while holding up a light blue, strapless mini dress

"Oh, it's lovely. Kat, uh, can I grab you for a moment to talk? Just the two of us." My aunt says.

"Um, can we do it later? Or tomorrow?" I say.

"Actually, uh, to be honest, sooner would be... Would be better." She says, rubbing her shoulder.

"We actually have to go shoe shopping tonight and my party's tomorrow at 10:00. Kat's helping setting up." Lydia says and I point my thumb at Lydia, shrugging.

"Um, you don't think you'll be around before then?" My aunt asks.

I sighed. "I think so."

"You think so?" She asks.