Chapter12 1/2

A/N: I decided to split this into two parts because it's a lot of stuff to be putting into one chapter, so yeah. . . Enjoy v.v

"Chaos is more freedom; in fact, total freedom. But it has no meaning."

ⓚⓐⓣ

~~~~~~

Issac hasn't been answering any of my calls since he walked out of the cafeteria earlier at school.

It was 10:00 p.m and I decided to drop by his house. I got into my car and blew onto the window, to see if he left me message or not. [Meet me in the woods :)] I went to put my seat belt on until I saw Gerard by my window. I jumped slightly and sighed. I opened the door and stood in front of him.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He says, but I start to look around." Were you expecting someone else?"

"Yeah--I mean no. No, definitely not." I said, chuckling nervously.

"Good. Then we can talk for a minute." He says.

"Uh, actua-- Oh." He drops his pill container and a little leather book. I picked them up and handed them to him." Here you go."

"Thanks. Don't want to drop these. I'd be lost without them. When I was your age, I didn't even take vitamins. Now I'm choking down a cocktail of pills three times a day. But I do what my doctor tells me, because I trust him. Trust is a commodity our family holds very high, you know? And my daughters, well your Aunt and your Mother died doing what they thought was right. Yes, Kate's intentions may have been a bit misguided--"

I scoffed. "A bit?"

"Oh, I like that. ." He says and I scrunch up my face in disgust."You remind me of Kate, she challenged me too."

"Is that what you want me to do? Challenge you?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"No, I want you to trust me. You're going to find yourself put in the position where you begin to question the trust of people close to you. Even your closest friends. And when that happens, you have to know the trust you would never question is family." He says and I begin to ponder over his words. Should I listen to him? Could he be ri--

"Can I trust you Kat?" He asks, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah." I said.

"Not 'Yeah!' Speak with conviction!" He yells and I flinch a little. I've never seen him this way before." Yes or No?" He asks.

"Yes. You can trust me." I said.

"Good." He says.

"Uh, I--uh. I gotta go over to Lydia's. T--to, um grab my French book." I lied, horribly.

" Okay, don't stay out to late." He says, smiling.

I nodded and got into my car. I put on my seat belt and waved to him before pulling off.

20 minutes later, I pulled into the woods entrance. I parked and got out, walking to our spot. I walked over to the rock where Issac and I hang out by and saw some words written on it with chalk. I bent down and started to read. [Sorry, I couldn't wait.]

I sighed and wiped it off with my sleeve. I got up and walked away to my car thinking about what my Grandfather said. "You're going to find yourself put in the position where you begin to question the trust of people close to you. Even your closest friends. And when that happens, you have to know the trust you would never question is family." Wait-- Did I just refer to him as my Grandfather??