Chapter19

A/N: Just a few or maybe a couple chapters left in this book. ツ Enjoy v.v

"The finest fury is the most controlled."

ⓢⓣⓘⓛⓔⓢ

~~~~~~~~~~

My dad, Issac and I were all sitting at my desk in my room as we explained, sorta, what happened.

"So this kid's the real killer?" My dad asks,  referring to Matt.

"Well, actually him and his homicidal lizard sister." I wanted to say but instead I just replied with, "Yeah."

"No." He says, crossing his arms and standing.

"Yes!" I exclaimed, quickly standing too .

"No." He repeats and soon we were all standing .

"Dad, come on. Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So all he had to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common." I explain.

"Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter Kara wasn't in Harris's class." He says.

"All right, okay, you're right, sorry. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?" I ask.

"No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't prove anything." He says and I sighed.

"H..."

"Issac, do you believe this?" My dad asks Issac.

"It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us. We know it's Matt." Issac says, looking at me and I nodded.

"Yeah, he took Harris's car, okay? Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris's class, that they'd arrest him." I explained to my dad.

"All right, fine. I'll allow the remote possibility, but give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team dead?" My dad says.

"Isn't it obvious?" I paused and continued. "Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in, like, six years. Okay, we don't have a motive yet. I mean, come on, does Harris?" I ask.

"What do you want me to do?" My dad asks.

"We need to look at the evidence." Issac says.

"Yeah, I'll get it from the station." My dad sighs.

"Trust me, this is all going to go exactly to plan." I say rubbing my hands together.

"Trust you?" My dad asks.

"Trust... Trust Issac?" I say, pointing to Issac.

"Issac, I trust." My dad says.

.  .  .

"It's 2:00 in the morning." The female deputy says to my dad as we walk into the station.

"Believe me, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't extremely important." My dad says.

"We look at the hospital stuff first, okay?" I whisper to Issac.

"Why?" He asks.

"Because all the murders were committed by Melanie, except for one, you remember?" I say.

"Yeah, the pregnant girl, Jessica." He says.

"Yeah. Since Matt had to kill her himself, somebody from the hospital could've seen him." I say.