Chapter 25

They'd been running for a while, sodden to the bone by the carbonara. Simultaneously, both Maddie and (Y/N) fell on a particuarly slippery strand of spagetti.

They both fell to the ground, Maddie with all the grace of an Audley's Angel; (Y/N) not so much. Francesco contemplated for a moment who to go for, but at the end of the day, there was no question.

Not even giving (Y/N) a second thought, he sprinted over to Maddie, and gathered her into his strong, Italian defined toned muscled arms. He stepped over (Y/N)'s sprawled body, carrying Maddie to safety.

 Francesco crossed the spagetti-covered racetrack, and strode over to the Gabbani-mobile, which was ready and waiting- as always. He lay Maddie down on the plush Italian leather seats of the Gabbani-mobile. Francesco looked down at Maddie's limp, silent form. Even when unconscious, she looked so holy; it was as if she had been touched (not inappropriately) by Our Lord Sethy-boii.

He stroked Maddie’s soft cheek, and his feelings for her only grew. There was no doubt in his mind that he loved her. Even though she could never recuperate his feelings, he would spend the rest of his life trying to make her happy.
Maddie slowly opened her eyes, to be met with the beautiful leather interior of the Gabbani-mobile. As soon as Francesco noticed she was awake, he rushed to her side, holding a nakd bar, and some apple juice (even though Maddie didn't like orange juice, she always tried it, for some unknown reason).
Maddie eagerly drank the apple juice, before deciding that she didn't like it, and ate the nakd bar. It was great.
“Thank you for looking after me, Francesco.” Maddie said.