Chapter 10

I could feel the heat of the sun glaring on my back as I laid on the sand. I rested on my elbow as I put on my sunglasses and took a sip of the cold drink I bought. For a moment I glanced up at the skies; clear blue and white clouds promised a bright afternoon. 

My skin tingled as I felt two fingers lightly trailed its way up my back; the barely there touch was tantalising and promising. The fingers went further up to my neck, gently brushing my hair to one side and leaving my neck exposed. A soft breath caressed my neck, causing my breathing to escalate and my heart to beat faster. A breathless sigh escaped me as soft lips grazed my neck. As the lips left my skin, I swivelled round to meet a pair of green eyes shining in the sunlight. The lips returned to the side of my neck, teasing, electrifying and so promising. On its own accord, I felt my hand rise and lightly touched his soft lips that looked so red and so inviting. He smiled and nibbled my finger. A groan left my lips and his gaze captured mine. He rested his hand on the size of my face and I instantly fell into them, my skin tingling from the touch. He leaned into me as I went closer to him, my body unable to resist his. His lips were inches away from mine; my eyes closed as my breathing escalated in anticipation.

My eyes snapped open. I stared at the white ceiling and swallowed loudly as the memory continued to flash throughout my mind. I wish I didn't wake up. I wish I could've felt his lips against mine once more. I closed my lips as I tried to recall how that kiss had felt.

A sweet dream and nightmare; that's what it was. A sweet dream because it reminded me of how John and I were, they way a single touch of his made me melt and forget the world; a nightmare because of those very same reasons, a reminder of what I had and what I my never regain.

I opened my eyes, knowing that I was becoming too dependent on the past and becoming weak. A part of me believed John and I would reunite because no matter what we always find our way back to each other. What we have was love and love was not flawless; it was a roller coaster of all kinds of emotions, challenges and triumphs. But there was a smaller part of me knew that we were having problems- as do all couples- but what we did wrong was not address them and communicate. 

We needed to learn to trust each other again. 

I sighed hopelessly and sat up as I remembered last night. Suddenly I remembered Jarrod and I looked around the lounge; I remember falling asleep with Jarrod still with me. The room was empty. I felt lonely then. I don't know but I felt it deeply.

I turned round when suddenly I saw a figure come into the lounge. I screamed and jumped back looking for a weapon but then my eyes snapped back to the figure as it released a deep and throaty  shout.

'What the hell?' I yelled as Jarrod collected himself. He was stood looking at me strangely with two mugs in his hands.

He smiled at me innocently. 'I made hot chocolate.'

My eyes briefly went to the hot chocolate and then returned to his face. 'What are you doing here?'

He stepped forwards and placed the mugs on the table.' Well you fell asleep and it didn't feel right to leave you on your own so I thought I'd wait until your Mum or Dad came home. No one came and I just drifted off.'

'Oh,' was all I could say. I was astonished by how much he seemed to care for me or maybe he was just a caring person in general. Still whatever the motivation I knew he was a good guy.

I took the mug from the table and took a sip. I looked up at him smiled. 'Yummy.'

Jarrod seemed to take a deep sigh as if he was expecting me completely snap. 'What? Did you think I was going to throw the hot chocolate in your face and kicked you out?'