Chapter 15

I stepped out of the Principal's office and shut the door behind me. I smiled at Jarrod who waited outside for me. He looked at me expectantly as if I was the bearer of bad news. I smiled at his concern.

'So, what's the big punishment then?' He asked.

'Nothing,' I smiled. 'Apparrently, I have friends in high places.'

Jarrod looked at me quizzically. 'Your friends with the Principal?'

Glaring at him I explained. 'Quinn was the eye witness. He basically said that Steph threw the first hit.'

'Quinn? So you two have patched things up?' He asked curiously.

I nodded with a grin. 'Yeah, we have. We still have a way to go but things are good. On another note, ask me what happened to Steph.'

Jarrod grinned. 'What happened to Steph?'

'Canteen clearing duty! Overall, towels and a bin bag, baby!'

He started laughing. 'Oh, you are one bad girl!' He stepped forward, encircling my waist with his hands and pulling me closer towards him. 'And I love bad girls.' Jarrod's lips brushed mine as he spoke. 

Suddenly, the door to the Principal's office opened and we abruptly jumped away from each other. Jarrod and I exchanged a look as Steph walked out, with anger clearly suffusing her face. She glared at the both of us. For a second, Steph looked as though she was going to say something but she turned round swiftly and walked off. 

As Steph disappeared down the hallway, my gaze met Jarrod's. Almost instantly the laughed that built up, flooded out. 

Jarrod grabbed my hand as we turned to leave the building as it was the end of the college day. It felt nice but I didn't want to do that yet so I tried to pull my hand as normally as possible by pretending my left shoulder was heavy from my bag. From the corner of my eye I could see Jarrod look at me but I ignored it as we walked to his car.

'Where are we going?' I asked Jarrod as he drove us to an unknown destination.

He grinned, his green eyes glinting mischievously. 'It's a surprise, I already told you. Why do you keep asking me? If I told you it wouldn't be a surprise otherwise.'

I gave up, realising he wasn't going to give in. He was far too stubborn. Suddenly, he stopped the car at the side of the road and unbuckled his belt.

'We're here,' he declared. 

Looking round I saw nothing. Just a street of houses. I feigned excitement. 'Wow, this is great!'

As Jarrod gave me a droll stare I could tell he wasn't convinced. Leaning in he whispered, 'When you're excited, you glow. You literally glow. That was nowhere near a glow.'

I didn't understand what he meant by that. People don't glow. Unless you've been airbrushed in a pathetic Vogue advert. I smiled wider. 'Am I glowing now?'

'No, but I can show you.'

I raised an eyebrow challengingly. 'You're gonna make me glow?'

Suddenly Jarrod hovered over me. His emerald eyes clouded with an emotion I couldn't quite fathom. It looked almost like need, maybe stronger. I groaned from the pressure of his lips on mine. His scent invaded my senses and I was almost faint from the sweetness of it. The taste of his tongue as it danced with mine was so pleasurable I couldn't imagine anything better. All of a sudden I wanted more, so much more. I deepened the kiss ferociously, as he pressed his body flush with mine and I realised he was no longer in the drivers seat but somehow in mine. As my chest pressed against his, Jarrod moaned trying to bring me even closer. My fingers viciously tangled themselves into his hair as a frightening and overwhelming sense of passion completely consumed me.