Chapter 14

A/N: I wanted to apologise for the dreadful title of this story. It was never meant to be the official title- I just popped it in because it was a work in progress and I didn't have any ideas (I still don't) Hopefully, something will randomly pop up and I can finally change it! If I do, I will inform you in advance, off course. However, despite how awful it is, I have a feeling it's one of the main reasons people click on my story- I really don't think the summary is that captivating anyway lol.

Sorry for the disappointing length of the chapter. I know you wanted to see either John or Jarrod considering the events of the last chapter but I really wanted to sort things out with Quinn and I thought he deserved his own chapter :) On another note, thank you so much for your tremendous support. You are all the greatest fans I could have! xxx

---

Staring out the window, I waited for Quinn's arrival. When I received his phone call I was a little unsure of whether I should meet him. But I had to give Quinn a chance; for the sake of special friendship we once shared. I don't want to regret anything in the future.

I felt absolutely drained. My head was spinning with the events of today. One moment I was having a fight with Steph and the next I kissed two guys. A feeling of shame surged through me. It was my body and I had every right to decide what to do with it but acting so promiscuously was never justified. Stringing along two guys till you made your mind was definitely morally wrong even if you weren't in a committed relationship or whether they both asked you to make a choice.

I stood up as I caught sight of Quinn walking up the driveway. He walked with a gradual pace, staring out the house as if he shouldn't be here but was determined not to turn away. I went to open the front door and Quinn smiled at sheepishly, his hands midway as he was about to ring the bell. The awkwardness of his smile punctuated his boyish looks and made him look even cuter.

With the same discomfort as Quinn, I returned the smile and gestured for him to come in. As I locked the door, I found him still standing behind me in the hallway. I thought it was strange for a moment, he'd always head straight to the kitchen whenever he came over, but then I remembered all that had happened.

'Let's just go to the kitchen,' I suggested. Might as well stick to routine.

For a few seconds we just stared at each other. Me, stood against the table and Quinn leaning against the worktop in front of the sink with his hands deep in his pockets.

'I had no idea about Steph sending John that photo. I swear I didn't even know she took it,' he blurted out. All his words came rushing out like a flood.

'I don't know if I should believe you,' I responded. Where was the proof after all?

Quinn took a small step forward. 'You shouldn't. But you know me, Penelope. You know me better than anyone. Despite everything I say and how sleazy I act with you, I would never mess with your relationship like that.'

'You kissed me in front of my boyfriend,' I snapped. I felt angry that he said I know him better than anyone because I once thought I did.

He released a forlorn sigh. 'I know. But I was so drunk that night. I wasn't supposed to kiss you. I just couldn't help myself. For a second I forgot that you were John's girlfriend and that you didn't even want me.' He paused then spoke quietly. 'I just wanted to know what it would be like to kiss you.'

I was speechless. There was so much emotion behind his voice. He made it sound like he had sincere feelings for me. 'What are you playing, Quinn? You're making it sound like it was a lot more than lust.'

'That's because it is,' he snapped. 'I tried to ignore it by acting like all I wanted was sex but it's so much more than that.'

All I did was stare at him. I'm not sure how long but all I could do was look at him in shock. If I knew him as he well he claimed I did then it seemed that he was being very sincere.

'I'm sorry, Quinn but I don't feel the same way about you. You're my friend and I care about you-'

He cut me off. 'I know. You don't need to explain yourself. I'm sorry I treated you so horribly. It wasn't right. I'm sorry I kissed you is well. I swear I wouldn't have done anything else no matter how drunk I was though.'

I nodded gently at him. I felt sad. 'I know, Quinn. I believe you.'

Suddenly Quinn's face broke out into a shy smile. 'Does this mean we're friends again?'

Smiling slyly at him, I nodded. 'It does. But you have to promise we'll go back to normal. Like we used to be.' I knew it was long shot, considering how Quinn felt but I truly believed in our friendship.

Walking towards me he smiled properly. Warm, open and friendly. 'I promise. But I can't guarantee that I won't call you Princess anymore.'

I hugged him close as I spoke. 'Wouldn't want you to stop.'

***

'No way,' Quinn stated as he stared at me with his mouth open. 'They just threw a choice at you?'

'Yeah,' I said dryly. 'It was all so overwhelming. I didn't think it was possible to be this confused.'

'I didn't realise you were getting so serious with this Jarrod fella. It's hasn't been long though has it. Two weeks, tops?'

'Yeah, but it feels so much longer. It's weird,' I replied.

'You got that right, Princess. Few days ago John wouldn't even look at you and now he's gonna fight for you!'

I gave him a glare but I couldn't stifle the giggles that erupted like a volcano. 'You're such an ass, man.'

'Eh, when's Scarlett coming back from Germany? I miss her face.'

'Two weeks,' I replied. 'Feels like forever. I miss her too. I spoke to her a few days ago. She said she'll bring us all some curry wurst.'

'What the hell's that? Some type of curry?' He asked indignantly.

I rolled my eyes. 'Wurst means sausage. Curry sausages.'

Quinn huffed. 'I hate sausages.'

I nodded sympathetically. 'Me too. I told her to get us pretzels instead.'

'Pretzels? Well, that's boring, P.'

I frowned affectionately at him, happy to be reliving our pointless conversations again. 'What else do they eat there? It seems like everything's about curry wurst over there.'

Quinn looked at me blankly. 'Black forest cake? Gingerbread? Beer?'

This time I huffed. 'Well sorry but I'm not exactly an expert on Germany.'

He narrowed his eyes at me. 'Isn't your Grandmother from Germany,' he said bluntly.

My mouth dropped. 'Shit, yeah, she is! You always make me look stupid, Quinn.'

He clicked his tongue and smiled tauntingly. 'No, Princess, you do that all by yourself.'

'Shut up,' I snapped.

He laughed. 'Anyway I best get going. You spend time with your Mum.' He said as I followed him to the front. 'Bye, Miss Meadows! Quinn yelled across the hallway.

'See you soon, darling,' Mum responded and appeared in the upstairs hallway to wave him off.

As he stepped through the threshold, he glanced at me. 'I'm really glad we're friends again, Penelope. I've missed you so much. I hope you know how sorry I am.'

I gave him a small smile. 'I know, Quinn. Let's just forget all this ever happened.'

He nodded and I watched him recede into the distance as he drove off in his car. I hoped his feelings would diminish eventually. He didn't deserve to be a victim of unrequited love.