Chapter 13: About The Action.(RIP).

Leah POV

Red Man called the cleanup crew to handle the body so that it wouldn’t be traced back to us. He then called Mitch to come and pick us up. Mitch has been out of the hospital for a couple of days and just like my brother, he's out for Mike's blood.

Mitch pulled up in his SUV and we all got in. "Red what the fuck happened?" he asked.

“I’ll tell you about this shit later but we got to rethink everything.  Aye Jason let all the niggas know it’s an emergency meeting tonight at the warehouse on 44th." he instructed.  Jason immediately hopped on his phone and made a couple of calls. If it's one thing I know I know that the warehouse on 44th street is not a White House (crack house) or a Green House (weed house). It's a Black House which it’s filled with nothing but guns explosives and any weapon you can think of. If he’s scheduling a meeting at the black house shit is officially real. It’s about to go down and blood will be shed.

On the car ride home Red told me and Cherrish to grab some overnight clothes because he wasn’t taking any chances by leaving us at the house alone. Hell for all we know Mike could have planted a bomb in the house to. That sound like some shiesty shit he would do.

When we arrived at the house I ran upstairs to my room and packed some bags. After I was finished I ran to my brother’s room to check on Cherrish. When I walked in Cherrish was sitting on the bed with her head in her hands crying. I walked over to her and sat beside her on the bed. I can only imagine how she's feeling right now. I mean she's 7 months pregnant and look at what she has to go through. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes, and then she fell into my embrace. "Leah I don’t know how much longer I can do this. Every time I turn around my life is being put in danger by the life that Red is involved in. We have a child now Leah... 2 of them. Doesn’t he care about their future too?!! I love him girl, I swear I do. I just...I just can’t keep living like this."

"HURRY UP LETS GO!" Red yells from at the bottom of the steps.

I grabbed Cherrish's head and brought her to my eye level. "You look at me Cherrish. This...  this lifestyle that we're living is not forever. You have to tell him this girl. My brother is a machine sometimes and he acts as if he doesn't have any feelings but he does. It’s just his way of shielding himself so that he doesn’t get hurt. But eventually it will hit him that he has a family now. You will just have to be the one to open his eyes to the future. A future that you’re not going to be in unless he changes his ways and stop putting you and the kids in harm’s way. I'm sure he'll get the picture but if not you know what you have to do."

She wipes the tears from her eyes and sat up. We hugged one more time and she said “Thank you Leah for being the best sister a pregnant bitch could ask for." We laughed then we grabbed our bags and headed down stairs. When we reached the bottom of the stairs Red grabbed our bags and handed them to Jason for him to put them in the car. He was about to turn around and walk off when he stopped and did a double take at Cherrish. I guess he noticed her red and puffy eyes.

Red's POV

"Leah can I talk to Cherrish for a second" I asked.

"Sure" Leah said and she walked outside with Jason.

I walked over to Cherrish and grabbed her hands. As I examined her I could tell she was tired. She was physically and mentally drained. And I can’t help but think it’s because of me.

"Cherrish, baby... what's wrong?" I asked.

“This Red...  this is what’s wrong “she says pointing at the gun I had touted on my hip."

"What do you mean? This aint nothing new. Baby this been my life. Why are you so against it now?"

"BECAUSE WE HAVE A FAMILY NOW RED!  Damn what is it going to take to get that through your head! I can no longer look out for me!  I have two more lives to protect and so do you! And if you don’t start acting like it than... than... I can’t." I watched Cherrish as she explained her feelings. I could tell that she was hurt and the killing part about it was I was the one to hurt her.