Chapter 1

"Cyral! Get your ass in here now," Fury barked.

Cyral ran in and adjusted her glasses. "Yes, Director Fury?" She didn't bother to fix the strands of hair sticking from her thick, brown haired braid and her shirt was lopsided, pants hardly buttoned.

Fury pinched the bridge of his nose, "Why are you still in need of such help?" He walked over to the frail girl and fixed her shirt and re-did her hair, instructing her to fix her own pants. "I'm assembling the team. There was a breach at the base and we've lost the Tesseract. I need you and the others to retrieve it before something happens."

Cyral nodded and stood straight. "Understood, sir!"

"You're to fetch this man," he spoke darkly while throwing a small folder onto a table beside Cyral.

She opened the folder and furrowed her eyebrows. "Under... stood, sir." The only thing on here was the coordinates of Asgard and the name of Thor Odinson along with his picture.

Fury looked at her, glancing at the bracelets around her wrists. "Go ahead."

"My restraints may be removed?"

The one eyed man called Maria over to us who arrived within a few seconds. "Unlock them for her."

"Sir," Maria stepped forward with insistence. "That is not wise-"

"Agent. Hill. I believe I instructed you to unlock her power restraints. How else could we get to Thor, who is from space?"

Maria faltered a bit and nodded. "Yes, Director Fury." She sauntered over to Cyral and unlocked her golden bracelets promptly.

"You have 36 hours, Cyral. Go," the orders from Fury were straightforward. There was no beating around the bush, get Thor and come back. How hard could that be?

When Cyral had finally managed the two hours it took to fly to Asgard, she hadn't been allowed entry. So here she stands, at the palace gates with two guards aiming their spears at her. The small girl seemed even smaller when compared to the giant size of the guards. Her meek form was unwavering as she demanded entry once more.

"I'm going in," she stepped forward. One of the palace guards got fed up with her and pierced her stomach. She turned to the Asgardian and broke the handle of the spear. "Do not waste such weapons. It is unreasonable."

A booming voice broke through the silence and questionable fear radiating from the guards. "Who stands at my gates?"

Cyral turned and waved robotically. After a moment, she coughed and blood spilled out. A drop fell onto the ground and Cyral stared at it with her emerald green eyes. "I am sorry for bleeding on your ground. It appears... I... Must rest now." She collapsed quickly, falling face first onto the golden floor.

"Who is this strange woman? She's wearing Midgardian clothing," the man asked, approaching the gates.

The guards gulped and stood straight an at attention. "We do not know, sir! She appeared from the rainbow bridge, when asked how she arrived here, she dared to lie and say she..." The guards glanced at each other as if debating if they should even say it.

"She what? Finish your sentence," demanding vibes were tossed from the man's lips.

"She said she flew here from Midgard and demanded entrance into the palace."

The man hummed in thought, "Very well. Bring her in and heal her quickly. If she is indeed Midgardian then she will die easily."

"That is not necessary." The man turned and stared at the girl with wide eyes. "I do not need to heal as much as humans do. I am not human. What is your name?"

The man smiled curtly before responding. "I am Thor Odinson, Prince of Asgard. Why have you come here?"

At first the woman was silent. She didn't reply and she didn't know if she was allowed to. Her lips were a shiny pink tint and her cheeks were soft and plump. Thor assumed this girl was only in the maturing stage of Midgardians. A teenager.

"Director Fury of SHIELD told me to come here and get you for the future fight. It's about the Tesseract."

Thor uttered one word. "Loki." The poor girl heard him but said nothing— not knowing what it meant or why he said it.

The girl stepped forward with an urgent look upon her face. "Mister Thor, we should go now." She grabbed the man's shoulder to try and grab him from being so deep in his thoughts. He jumped and swung his large fist at her.

The girl went flying. Thor's eyes widened as everything slowed down. The fist backhanded her and she rolled across the golden floor a few times before stopping. Thor could hardly believe that he just did that to such a helpless woman. He ran to her and called for medical help. However, within a few seconds she stood again and coughed into her hand. Thor gasped and screamed again.

"You're not dead! Has my brother taught you his tricks?!"

Cyral cleared her throat, "I do not know your brother. If you please, I have to insist that we go now." It was clear she was here on urgent matters. But Thor was still stuck on the fact that she is perfectly fine after being stabbed and struck by two Asgardians. "This is no time to be thinking. Actions must be acted upon." Thor furrowed his eyebrows in confusion but understood that she was trying to say they needed to go. "If you do not come with me, I am afraid I will have to drag you back myself."

Thor chuckled and laughed loudly. "Even if I didn't plan on going to help Midgard, why could you do?"

"Do you wish to see a demonstration of my powers?" He nodded. Before he could comprehend it, a fist was thrown in his face. He was knocked unconscious and thrown over the small shoulder of the girl. "Very well." She buckled at the knees and headed towards Midgard without acknowledging the purpose of the rainbow bridge or the Bifrost.