Chapter 59

Fandral took the first whack at it. "Are you seeing anyone?"

I thought straight away about Loki, then Steve, and then Tony. Conflicted emotions turmoiled inside of me. "Not at the moment. It's... complicated..."

I heard the sound of a smack, knowing Sif had hit Fandral over the head. This time, Hogan stepped up with his question. "Where are you from, Majesty?"

Again, another difficult question. "My origins are actually unknown, having to do with my memory loss. But, based on the bits I got back, I am... older than the universe itself. Leaving me to believe that I originated from nowhere, but rather you originated from me."

The initial shock had passed over quickly from my answer. "You came here from Midgard, didn't you?"

I nodded, wishing I could see their faces so I could know what they were feeling. "Yes, until I was called her by L-" I slapped a hand over my mouth. "Er- I meant, Odin. Odin came to me in a dream, stating that Thor-"

"Thor?"

"Yes, we fought beside each other in battle during the New York Attack from Loki." I rubbed my chin in thought. Remembering the good days made me feel happier than I have been recently. "While we were never close, after the battle I was lost in an unknown part of space. He came with Loki in search of me."

Sif had sounded like she was smiling at the mention of Thor. "Thor is our great friend, and the Prince of Asgard. Thank you for allowing him to help you in battle."

I snorted, laughing to myself. "Help me? I was helping him." Realization slowly dawned on me. "All I did was cry and sacrifice myself. I've never done anything truly useful."

An uncertain hand was inched towards my own, feeling feminine and smaller than normal. It was Sif's hand. "You are one of the reasons that Thor is alive to this day."

"Wait, where is Thor?"

Sif's hand fell from mine. Fandral answering for her. "Thor has been called down to Midgard, helping his friends and the... Avengers."

Guilt pricked my heart. "I wish I could help them. I'm pretty useless right now."

"I've been meaning to ask, why are you paralyzed?"

I couldn't tell them about Loki. But maybe the Tesseract would be okay. "Uhm, my body was merged with the Tesseract. Apparently-"

Volstagg grunted in surprise. "You are the First Queen! The Stones could only ever merge with the First Queen!" He laughed louder, clapping his hands in joy. "I am in her presence! This is glorious!"

I laughed with him, hearing the others join in as well. We continued to talk for a while, they asked various questions where as I usually answered easily but there always a few of which I struggled with. Finally, someone realized the time.

Sif stood from her spoke, immediately began to push me back to the palace. "The second sun is beginning to rise. We should bring you back to your chambers."

As we walked back, I began to feel like I had friends. We laughed and talked, enjoying each other's presence. I assumed that we arrived at my chambers, since we stopped as a creaking sound was heard.

"Lady Sif, we will await your arrival in the dining hall," Hogan announced.

My chair was pushed into the room, and i heard the scuttle of feet in the distant corner. "My Queen," so it was Borghild. "I have been waiting here. Here's your food." Sif quickly left.

He handed me a plate, it was light but it wasn't anything major. "Is this my dinner?"

Borghild also gently handed me two cold things that I assumed were silverware. "Yes. Oh, Eir told me that your cloth may be removed tonight so that you could eat."

Suddenly, the light met my eyes. But it was dim, allowing me to see without straining my eyes to the light. My vision was still blurry and I couldn't tell quite yet if it was better not not. But I could see the plate in front of me; given that it was closer than other objects.

"How was your guard duty," I started, trying to make a light conversation with the man who'd sworn to be by my side for the rest of his life.

He chuckled, putting a piece of something into his mouth. "Nothing exciting happened. A curious thing that happened years ago, a woman demanded to see Thor..." Borghild laughed again, a sparkle of amusement in his eyes. "I thought that she had gone mad. I attempted to kill her, assuming that she was an enemy, but she didn't die. Tell me just what are your powers, Your Highness?"

I smirked. "Well, I can fly- as you've seen- change forms, alter reality, and stop time. But the time thing is only once a day." Eating something that tore apart fairly easy.

"So, if you are that powerful, what made you need the Tesseract?" He offered me a spoon, noticing that I was finished with everything but the soup.

"Mm," I said, slurping quickly. "I'm not completely sure but I'm guessing that the Stones were once apart of me. So having them all back, it means that I can actually be me." Imagining what it'd be like, I paused in thought.

Borghild took my plate and bowl from me. "If your personality is bright now, you'll be a sun in the future."

I blushed from his compliment. "It's getting late. You should head to your chambers. You can come back at the same time in the morning."

"If you wish. Thank you for allowing me to be here," he mumbled.

I watched his blurred figure as he retreated to the door. "Well, who else will wheel me around all day?"

"Not that, My Queen." Borghild straightened. "Thank you for allowing me to give you my life. It gives me more meaning than I ever thought it could."

He left hastily. I was speechless. I never thought myself a kind person or a helpful person. But the amount of help that he says I'm offering him is shocking.