Chapter 56

"MY QUEEN!!"

I jolted to life. Borghild at my side, my right hand held tightly in his. The concern in his eyes was strong and worrisome. I hadn't been out long, but judging by the volumes that he spoke, I was out for a considerable amount of time.

"I-I'm sorry-"

Borghild glanced at my head, a strange thing to do, and spoke. "I came back to you an hour ago. You were thrashing and your eyes were white. I tried to move you but you would not stay still enough for me to move."

My lips set into a deep frown. "Borghild, I remember... but not much. Loki helped me..." His angry face was imprinted in my mind. "What I remembered couldn't have been revered as good or happy at all..."

I could tell my words pressed into himself. His lips pressed into a thin line and his eyes were narrowed. I noticed one thing about me physically; my vision is much, much worse. I could only see him because of our close proximity but the distant ocean looked only like a vast void of emptiness. And the tree of which I basked in the shade of was now a mix of green and brown.

"I must take you to Eir. I fear the worst." My eyes met his.

"What do you mean?" The question hung in the edge of my tongue and numbed my lips.

Borghild sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I'm not over there."

I blinked and his image shifted away. Now he stood in front of me but it was strange. I could've sworn he was right beside me. Right beside me. Like a delayed reaction.

"What happened?" I squinted at him but he suddenly disappeared and appeared to my left. "What the-!"

"Yes. I am taking you to Eir," he mumbled.

I was suddenly pushed. My surroundings were very belayed as we passed through. I felt uncomfortable and confused. Borghild whispered words of comfort and tried to help but I couldn't stop freaking out. I mean, I already can't see! Now I have to wait four seconds for the images around me to catch up to my eyes.

"Eir!" The door was slammed open and we busted through. My hearing worked on cue so the movement of their mouths was not in sync with my hearing. "Something has happened."

With one look at me, her calm demeanor was washed away. "What caused this?!" The fiery haired woman rushed over to me and checked for random things I did not know about. "Magic lingers on her body." Her face set stone and anger etched her lips. "Get that arrogant quim in here now."

Borghild didn't need to ask. Us three were the only ones who know that Loki is in place of the king. While we said nothing about it, Eir was one of the ones who is vehemently against it. The guard rushed from the room in search for Loki's guise as Odin.

"Am I going to be okay?" My voice came out as jumbled words that seemed almost nonsensical. "Am I okay?"

Eir worked quickly. Her strong arms lifted me onto the table and my Echo appeared above me. It was a sharp red and the nerves around my eyes were at the cause of it. They flowed bright blue. The woman hurriedly turned and fashioned something in an area while I could not see I knew it would help.

"What is the meaning of this-?! Unhand me or I shall have you killed!" Odin was shoved into the room with Borghild trying to remain calm. "I am Odin, the Allfather-"

Eir hissed at him. "You are petty Prince Loki, God of Mischief and Lies. What you are not is a man of integrity and truth." Loki seemed taken aback and his façade fell. "Now tell me, what did you do to her?"

The door was slammed shut harshly. Borghild's gaze was glaring sharp daggers at the icy king. "Eir will not repeat herself. Royalty or not, the Queen is injured and it is a matter of life or death. Choose your words wisely." The golden dressed man gripped the hilt of his large sword but didn't dare rip his brown orbs from Loki.

"She wished to know about her past. I couldn't find much. What I did made me... angry and I left after that."

Eir threw a sharp dagger near his head and it implanted itself in the wall. "You are truly incompetent."

"Excuse me?" Loki leaned forward as if he hadn't heard the woman. But we all know he heard loud and clear.

"Her body is still healing from the combination procedure." Eir's voice was low. It didn't take a genius to know she was pissed. "Magic and such are not to be used on her or around her. It could jeopardize the healing process or even kill her! No matter how much she wanted to know, you were the one who enabled her. You should've waited!"

Then she placed a cold, white cloth over my eyes. It felt like silk but softer. It was set on my eyes and didn't move a bit. My blurred vision was now encased in darkness but it helped me feel a lot better. I didn't feel a dulling pain anymore.

"You need to keep those covers over your eyes for two days. Your vision should become normal to your hearing- as I suppose it was a bit off- during that time."

I grumbled, feeling around for assistance to help me sit up. "So I am be blind and paralyzed for two days?!"

Loki grumbled softly. "Better than dead."

I heard a thud and Eir's threatening tone. "Do not speak to the Queen that way."