Chapter 39

I embraced him tightly, "Dad!" He groaned and cried out.

"Cyral, what in the hell are you doing here?" I could sense the anger coming off him in a very strong sense. "What the hell am I doing here?" Dad looked around curiously, groaning as he did so.

I tried to heal his body but there was something blocking me once again. "Dad, why can't I heal you? It was working before..." I whimpered a bit, trying to keep a grip on my resolve.

"You can't, Cyral. I made sure of that." My dad coughed and swung his legs over to sit up. "I knew what I was getting in to. And I didn't want you to get caught in it, too."

I fell to my knees and pressed my head in his lap. "I'm so sorry, daddy. I'm trying to do it." My voice cracked a little. "I had to do it. I had to, don't hate me."

Dad straightened, speaking in a serious manner. "What. Did you. Do?" This tone meant he was only going to ask once.

I couldn't meet his eyes. My heart broke a little when his hand rested itself on my shoulder. "I... I took my lifeforce out... And fed your body some..." His grip tightened but it wasn't painful. "I'm sorry..." I whispered out.

"How much?"

"Daddy, I-" I snapped my head up, trying to do anything to get his mind from the question.

"I said, 'How much?' How many years did you sacrifice?! Just so I could live!" Dad flinched and grabbed his arm in pain. "Just... tell me, Cyral."

I bit my lip, "200 years."

He barked at me again. "Are you serious?! I know that you live longer than a god! But 200 years could make a big difference when you really need it! You've used too much already!"

I choked in regret, sobs racking my body. "Daddy, I couldn't do it without you. I need you, you've always been there for me." I grabbed his jacket desperately, looking up at him.

Dad's expression softened. "I'm not worth it Cyral. You are so much more important than me, I've lived my life."

I shook my head. "Not yet. There's still more for you to do." I turned and floated through the rear doors. I looked up at the sky and made my way to where I knew Steve would be: the hospital. I got to the hallway that dad was in, seeing him and Natasha.

Steve shoved her through an open door, entering an empty room. I waiting outside, leaning against the door. Relaxing, I could feel things begin to slow and I could finally process things. If someone tried to kill dad, then what could he have done to piss them off?

SHIELD may be an enemy-making machine but not just anyone could do this. Only a person he trusts would know him so well as to know his whereabouts and safe-house/Steve's house. I've known dad as long as I was alive, there's no one who fits that bill though. He's a very distrusting person. If anyone, he'd trust me and Steve.

"There must be someone else," I mumbled. "Who else does dad trust? Who else knows dad—?"

I took off in flight, zooming through the wall and towards the main SHIELD building. When I tried to approach the floor that that man was on, I was rudely hit by a wall. I pounded on it once, noticing it was the same as what was around dad's room. It only assured my thoughts. Through the impenetrable glass, I saw him smirking at me. I ticked and bared my teeth at him. He merely chuckled and turned away.

When I went back to the hospital, the two were no longer there. I could sense they were somewhat nearby but rapidly leaving. They were in a car. Where'd they get a car? I leave for fifteen minutes and suddenly they have a car. I chased after them, phasing into the car's back seat.

"So," I started, making them jump. "When'd you get a car?"

Natasha turned with the gun at my forehead. "What the—?! Cyral, what are you doing here?!"

Steve looked through the rear view mirror and smiled at me. "Hot wired, Germany."

"Can I get a car," I asked giddily.

In sync, they both said, "No." I sat back, pouting, staring between the two front seats. Sensing some tension between the two I slowly broke into a grin.

"What happened between you two?" They glanced at each other but didn't answer the question. "No way! You guys kissed!"

Steve yelped as the car swerved suddenly, panting heavily. "We did—! It wasn't like—! Just sit back quietly!"

I huffed once more, crossing my arms and falling back. Based on the GPS, we had a long ways to go. I decided to take this time to sleep. Rest would probably be what I need in the future, a lot of power will be important. Whatever we were getting into, it was more than what we thought. I laid down onto the elongated seat, letting the gentle hum of the vehicle rock me to sleep.

"Cyral," shouted a voice."You have betrayed your people! You have left them without a word! And yet you still claim yourself as such?"

"Father, forgive me! I-"

"I am not your father! With this brand, you are forever exiled from my view. When I rule the galaxy, and am in possession of the six stones, you will be the first to be killed!"

Still, I proceeded with haste. Desperation and pain lacing the very edges of my words. "Father! I cannot help what I am!" A shock ran through my body and shot from my hand. "Father, I am calling for your help!" The top of my hand burned painfully, "Do not do this father!"

"LEAVE!"