Chapter 41

Loki rolled his eyes and circled around me. "You called upon me. I've been standing here for ten minutes, I'd assumed you died since you weren't moving at all."

I shifted my arm, grunting at the weight on my wrists. "Just thinking. I didn't mean to. You can go now." But he didn't leave. "I said you can go."

"I'm afraid I can't do that, I can only leave when your subconscious asks me to. And it seems you do not want to be alone at the moment."

I scoffed. "Are you kidding me? All I do is cry and get hurt and pass out! All I do is depend on people! I need to learn to start depending on myself, so go away!"

Suddenly, the shackles exploded and clunked to the floor. "Do not fret, astvinur." Loki knelt in front of me and smiled warmly. "I am here." Then he slowly lifted up and kissed my nose. It didn't feel as though someone was actually touching me but a strange tingle zipped through my nose in a ticklish manner. Then, like magic, he disappeared.

I stared dully at my blank wrists, feeling my power come surging back into me. A small smirk broke onto my face as I lifted my head up. I took this time to look around the room that I was in, noticing there were not cameras or windows for anyone to be watching me. The ceiling was one big light, there was one chair, and one door. The room was steel other than that.

I stood up with caution. I needed at least fifteen minutes to fully use my powers and judging by how long Loki said that I was spacing out, I had plenty of time to be doing that. I sat in the corner with my legs crossed and eyes closed. Planning my next moves. I think it may have been a side effect from carrying Loki's essence inside of me for so long because I was beginning to feel like him.

Step one of my plan was to wait. I didn't know where I was so I had to figure that out first. The easiest way would be escaping. Anywhere that Alexander says for me not to go will obviously be where I should go. I couldn't feel much when I did a scope of things around me. I suspected that I was underground or really high up. Either of those could affect my escape.

I heard the door click and I snapped my eyes open. As soon as Alexander stepped inside, I shoved him back at full force and flew from the room. Adrenaline was pumping through my veins strongly. I could only hear the zipping of my hair as I flew. Alexander appeared from the room.

"Don't let her reach the surface!"

I grinned. Step two: go up. Making a ninety-degree shift, I began to fly up but painfully hitting the ceiling caused me to thump against the floor. I groaned, rolling to my side. My ribs cracked as they mended themselves. He must've enforced this whole building with whatever this is that's stopping me. I grunted and brought myself back to my feet.

"Guess step two is find the stairs."

I scoffed and began running down the hall. No one else was here until I turned the corner into a large room. It was like Alexander somehow figured how to stuff an entire army in a single room! Two tanks were positioned on the right and left sides of the room. With major heavy artillery in the back, armed soldiers were near the middle lines, and six unarmed people were in the front.

"Meet—!" Alexander spoke from the back, panting harshly from running to catch up with me. "The six Winter Soldiers. Not as great as the great Bucky Barnes but they'll do great against you."

Without so much as a warning, the six began to attack. I flew up but it proved useless to their strength. One of them pulled me down and I hit the floor hard. I didn't have time to catch my breath as a punch was thrown at me. I quickly rolled away, throwing my head back to look at the depth that the fist had made into the floor. It amazed me, amused me even. My powers weren't yet strong enough to let me stop time or snap them away so I guess hand-to-hand combat would have to do.

I easily memorized their fighting patterns. Each one was similar but tailored to their body types. I used flight to my advantage. Well, until one of the tanks shot of dosage of ass at me. I was quickly knocked from the air. Normally, the shots would just phase through me. But this time was different. I wanted to know what was keeping me from using my powers and how Alexander figured it out. It seemed to be the same thing that Dad used in my shackles.

Figuring that getting rid of the mini army was easier than ridding of the Winter Soldiers, I went towards them. They each had HYDRA symbols on their sleeves or guns so I didn't hesitate to kill them. I, only now, was beginning to break a sweat. Half the army was gone and only a tank of the two was left. Zipping to the second one, I was so rudely kicked to the floor by a Winter Soldier.

"Why are you doing this?!" I was looked to the Winter Soldier but Alexander knew the question was directed towards him. "Dad trusted you!"

"You still call him 'Dad' after all he lied to you about?! You think I'm doing this because I want to?!" He yelled loudly over to me, guns shooting towards me and soldiers trying to take me down. "This world is poisoned! And it's that father of yours who caused it!"

A new bout of anger was unleashed in me. And suddenly my body grew. My body was pushed back like I gave the controls to someone else. I was resistant at first but the. I knew who it was.

"Fuck yeah!"