Chapter 5

Zayn's P.O.V

She is sat right next to me, the girl that I talk to on the internet, well might be, she’s everything I imagined her too look like. Long brown curly hair, brown eyes, slim figure, curves. To think this person that I talk to online, is Hailey, the girl bullied for 3 years, it fucking kills me. To know that when wishuponastar told me about how she got bullied, how she felt, how I made her feel, it fucking kills. Hailey's wearing black skinny jeans, and an oversized cream jumpers, which hung loosely around her hips revealing her stomach the sleeve are pushed up to her elbows. Her hair is left down; the loose wave’s falling downwards. She is hugging her knees, revealing light scares on Hailey's left wrist, self harming maybe? Wishuponastar told me she had done that? Oh right I need to ask her about the scar.

“How are you?” I asked, acting like I don’t know, but I know the answer.

“Ok, you?”

“Ok, what did your parents say about you coming out?” I questioned, raising my eyebrows, looking directly at Hailey.

“What do you think they said?”

“Nothing?”

“Bingo...”

“Sorry” I breathed, sighing how I was so stupid to ask that.

“Its fine, why should you remember?” she said, sighing back.

“Why shouldn’t I?” I asked, confusedly? She just said that I shouldn’t remember that she has a hard time, what? Why? Of course I remember, and I always will! Is it weird to say, that Hailey's life, is all that’s on my mind right now?

“Because...because it’s not your responsibility to remember?” she answered, unsure abut her answer.

“It is my responsibility.” I stated making sure Hailey knew I cared.

“Why... Zayn why do you care? Four days ago you were bullying me, you wouldn’t have even thought of talking to me nicely like we are now, and now all of a sudden you care? You’re talking to me, why Zayn?”  Hailey argued, blinking her eyes quickly to hide her tears, which eventually fell down her tanned cheek.

“Because to think that I caused you this pain, I caused you to smoke, I caused your tears; I caused your heart to shatter? And I caused your wrists to bleed. You have no idea how bad I feel, like I have said a hundred times, I was just joking around, I never meant any of the words I said to you. I may be popular, and come across like a selfish twat that doesn’t care about anyone. But I care about you.” I revealed, not even thinking about my answer before saying it. My mouth opened, and the word just flowed, it was like I couldn’t control it?

“How... how did you know I cut my wrists...?” Hailey suspiciously questioned, confused is written all over her face.

“The scars on your arm, they don't just appear like that by falling in a bush? Did you cut yourself a lot?” I murmured, slightly quieter then I was talking before.

“Yeah, I still do sometimes...” she mumbled ashamedly, rubbing her wrist softly, like she was wishing her fingers were erasers and would just rub away the scars. I didn’t reply to Hailey, but I stood up and sat down directly in front of her, locking eye contact with her, I pulled gently at her arm and turned it over to see cuts all over the inside of her forearm. The cuts looked fresh, maybe a day or two old; they were red and the skin around the multiple wounds swollen. I gently ran my fingers around them, now wishing that my fingers were the erasers that would rub away the cuts.