Chapter 27

Zayn's P.O.V

She is sat here, right in front of me, her legs tucked into her chest and her head leaning on her knees, two year, two whole damn years. That’s how long it’s been, it doesn’t feel that long, it feels like a life time, ten minutes apart from Hailey feels like two years, but two years, its crazy. Now I’ve messed up big time, why did I have to make out I was singing that part to her, ok I was annoyed at the time. Not even an hour before Hailey kissed Jed, hers lips were on mine, and that’s what hurts, the fact that I have to share her. Not like she is some sort of slapper, but the fact I want her to myself, but Hailey is in love with Jed, and she’s happy.

“I'm waiting...” Hailey snaps, she has always been an impatient person, chuckling to myself I stare deeply into her brown orbs. Sadness, hurting and confusion lingers in them, its crazy how much I missed them, just being able to look into her eyes in real life, not having to look at her through the internet. Hailey rolls her eyes as I don't reply, and then gets up from the seat and walks towards the exit of the building at the side of the room.

Jumping off the stage, not even thinking about what I'm doing, I run over to her, and grip her arm gently, and turn her round. Pulling Hailey into my arms, she refuses to look at me, so placing my fingers underneath her chin I guide her face up, so her eyes are inline with mine. She tries to pulls away from my grip, but even Hailey knows I was stronger then her, not in a violent way, but as we found out whenever I use to pin her down to the floor playing around, she could never break free of my strength.

“Zayn, stop messing with my head? You sing that to me, telling me I'm basically messing with your head, and no you’re holding me refusing to let go. Stop head fucking.” She snarls, her brown eyes piercing with anger, lowering my head, ashamed of myself? That’s an understatement, Hailey's right I am fucking with her head.

“It’s just, I saw you kissing Jed, and heard you talking on the phone, I got jealous, it annoyed me how you aren’t mine anymore.” I mumble, my head still lowered, Hailey's body relaxes into my arms, and her arms place either side of my neck.

“You have no idea how confused I am right now, I mean there’s Jed and I, then there’s you telling me you still love me but you are dating someone else,” Hailey whispers, my heart feels like it has burst inside of me, at Hailey's words ‘Jed and I’. There shouldn’t be a ‘Jed and I’ it should be ‘Zayn and I’.

“But wait, how do you think I feel? Helen, you, Jed, we are both in the same boat Hailey,”  I argue, frowning at Hailey as her head faces down.

“I know,” she merely whispers, “I don't know what to do,” she adds in her whisper again.

“What does your heart say?” I question, fearing the worse that she is going to choose Jed over me, why wouldn’t she, he is everything I'm not, I didn’t stop her from leaving, I didn’t try and win her back. Now I'm in a ‘relationship’ with a girl I don't even like, what have I done?

“That I don't want you getting hurt,” she whispers, she doesn’t want me getting hurt? What does that mean; she is intending on going back to me and then leaving me again? Guiding her face back up to mine again, I stare intensely into her eyes, trying to find an answer from her orbs, but they are unreadable, just like the rest of her face.

“What do you mean, I don't want you getting hurt again,” I ask, frowning even more, I don't get it, Hailey hasn’t hurt me, ok maybe the fact she left me left me heartbroken and I still am, but she hasn’t hurt me in anyway, I love the death of her?