Chapter 12

Zayn's P.O.V

I woke up, with Hailey gone, she wasn't in my arms and she wasn't in the room. I felt cold, empty? What is wrong with you Zayn! Adjusting to the bright light which if filling the room, I sit up and look around my surroundings. Her clothes are still in the corner but her phone isn't on the side, maybe she's gone for a shower? Getting up off the bed and drawing the curtains, I make my way across my messy room and go over to Hailey's room. Pushing open the door, her bed is still made, the bathroom empty and the curtains drawn. She isn't here, down stairs maybe? Stumbling down the stairs I make my way into the living room, empty, just how we left it last night. Then I heard light music playing from the kitchen, then a light, muffled, voice sounding in time with the singer from the music. Walking over to the door, pushing it round and poking my head in, there stands Hailey at the oven, making pancakes, singing along to the song.

Standing quietly and not letting Hailey I know I am here, I lean against the black marbled kitchen worktop, crossing my arms across my chest and chuckling at her carefree mood. Hailey’s chocolate locks tousled down her body ending at her waist, showing the imperfectly, perfect un-brushed hair. The mascara that she wore yesterday laying underneath her eyes, my white top and black Calvin Klein boxers hanging of her slim and curvy body. 
"Morning," I announced, causing Hailey to jump and drop the spatula.
"Err... Morning," Hailey responded slightly croaky, as she bent down to get the spatula, but I got to it before her, which then caused our heads to bang together. We both stayed silent but looked at each other, her eyes, they’re so beautiful.  Slowly standing back up, I walked over to the cooker and flipped the pancakes, placing them all on the plate at the side of the pan.

“How long were you stood there for?” Hailey questioned shyly, coming and standing beside me.

“Long enough to know that your morning voice and singing voice are two of the many cute things about you.” I admitted, smiling at Hailey. She looked down to her feet, and then looked back up, her cheeks tinted with a little red from blushing.

After all the pancakes were done, Hailey and I sat on the kitchen side, sharing the pancakes, talking about the silliest of things. She is so beautiful, with or without make up.

“Are you still alright with coming with me to the skate park?” I asked, bringing up the subject of the boys once again.

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?” Hailey responded, frowning at me.

“Harry’s going to be there, and err the last time you spoke to the boys they probably were insulting you?” I offered gently, looking deep into Hailey's eyes.

“I can handle it,” Hailey winked at me and said, sliding her body of the kitchen side and placing the plates in the sink, starting to wash up.

“Hey, I'll do that, you can go get ready.” I told Hailey, standing next to her, she shock her head and carried on washing up. Taking a deep sigh, I stood behind her and start to tinkle her waist. Hailey started laughing, and telling me to stop, then she turned around so she was facing me. Giving me the puppy eyes, she closed the gap between our faces, until her lips were hovering over mine again. Her body shaking as she was on her tip toes, she rested her arms on my shoulders.

“One condition,” Hailey whispered, looking deep into my eyes.

“What’s that?” I asked, frowning.

“Stop tickling me,” Hailey chuckled, before I could reply she smacked her lips onto mine, pulling into my body using her arms. Linking my hands together behind her back, I pulled her into me even closer. Before the kiss even started it was over and Hailey was laughing, “Fine, you can wash up, but I'm drying up when I'm done getting ready, ok?” Hailey suggested her arms still on my shoulders and her face inches away from mine.