Chapter 6

Hailey's P.O.V

“Hailey...Hailey wake up... Hailey...” a soft familiar soothing voice echoed into my ear, causing a shiver to run down my spine waking me up. I smiled and opened my eyes to find a topless Zayn led beside me on a bed, rubbing my shoulder grinning at me. I looked around the room, where am I? Ohh I remember, I fell asleep in Zayn's room watching a film last night, why didn’t he wake me back up so I could sleep in my room?

“Morning sleepyhead, you have 5 minutes to get ready for school,” Zayn announced, winking at me.

“Are you kidding me?!” I demanded, confused at the time.

“Nope you were the one that slept in not me!”

“I didn’t set my alarm.” I answered in a huff. “I'm not going to school, I can't be fucked.” I added, rolling over and closing my eyes.

“Are you joking?” Zayn asked sounding a little surprised.

“Nope, now go away, go to school or something.” I advised, waving my hand behind me, indicating for him to leave me alone.

“If you’re bunking off, so am I.” Zayn insisted, lying in bed beside me, facing the ceiling.

“Why?” I lectured, rolling over to face him and raised my eyebrow at Zayn; he raised his eyebrow back and laughed.

“Because a, I'm not letting you get into trouble on your own and b, if you bunk of you would have to go home as mum wont let you stay here and I don't want you near your house at the moment.” Zayn answered, looking directly in my eyes.

“Wait, why don't you want me to go home right now?” I asked confusedly.

“Because after all the pain they caused you, you don't deserve it!”  He pointed out,

“Ok, well, I'm going back to sleep, in my own bed as I'm sure you want yours back.” I mumbled, trying to stop my morning voice to be even more noticeable. I got out of the bed, but to be stopped by a hand grabbing my arm and pulling me back into the soft feathered mattress.

“No, its fine, you can stay here.”Zayn reassured me, and smiled. I just nodded and pulled the brown duvet over my body and rested my head on the puffed up pillow, closing my eyes and nodding back off to sleep.

Zayn's P.O.V

She is so beautiful, even in the morning, when her mascara she missed when taking it off had fallen down to cause panda eyes. When her hair is sticking out everywhere, making her look like she had fallen in a bush, when she tries to hide her morning voice by speaking quietly but still fails. Wait... I'm talking about Hailey like that... what is wrong with you Zayn? She doesn’t, and will never like you like that, not after what you did to her!

Here I am, in bed next to Hailey, listening to her gentle snoring, watching her chest rise and fall, in a calm and peaceful manner.  Her face looked so peaceful too, like she didn’t have a thing wrong in her life. The frowns and creases on here forehead are now just a distant memory, her eyelids closed from the blinding sunlight and all muscles in her body and face now un-tensed and calm. Her sleep blocking out the terror that she receives each and everyday.

What are you doing Zayn?! You’re watching the girl you bullied sleep, and then thinking about her?! You can't do this to her, one minute I hate you and the next I like you more than a friend. This is too much for her. Just go back to sleep and stop thinking about her.

***

I was a woken by Hailey running into her bedroom, slamming the door and then rushing into the toilet door, what’s wrong with her? I got up and walked over to her door,*knock, knock, knock* “Hailey? You ok? What’s wrong?” I asked, worrying. Then I heard the sound of her being sick and again then again. She’s got a bug? She seemed fine earlier? What’s wrong with her?!

5 minutes later, I am still stood at the door, asking if Hailey is ok, when she opens the door and smiles. “Just peachy,” Hailey sarcastically replied to my questions and then smiled.

“You don't seem it, were you being sick?” I worriedly asked.

“Yeah, it’s nothing, sorry for waking you up.” Hailey said, giving me a half smile.

“You sure you’re ok?” I asked, still worried.

“Yeah, I'm fine, can I have a hug?” Hailey replied, looking down at the feet. I embraced her into a tight hug, Hailey resting her head on my shoulder and me resting mine on the top of her head.

“You didn’t even have to ask,” I reassured her, Hailey just smiled and then tightened the hug digging her face even further into my shoulder. I wish we could stay like this forever.

***

After Hailey was sick, I went downstairs and made her some breakfast as she got changed, I don't know what we are going to do today. Its 10am, mums already gone to work and won’t be back until 5pm which means we have the house to ourselves, we could watch a DVD or two I suppose? I’m making pancakes with fruits for Hailey and I, I don't know what she likes but I'm pretty sure she likes pancakes. Who doesn’t like them?

Hailey walked down the stairs, when I looked over towards her, I was lost for words, she is wearing a cream button up sleeveless blouse, short shorts with black tights and black plimsolls. Her hair long wavy and uneven hair hung loosely, her make up done to perfection, natural. Hailey smiled softly and then walked over towards where I am stood. “What’s for breakfast?”

“Pancakes and fruit, do you like pancakes?” I asked.

“Love them!” she exclaimed, winking at me and laughing. “What we doing today?” she added.

“Um, we could go down to the beach again? Or we could stay in and watch DVDs, up to you!” I shouted as Hailey had walked into the living room.

“Beach?”

“You like it there huh? Sure we’ll go to the beach after this!”

“Yeah, I do.” She added, and then sat down on to the sofa.

I brought in our breakfast, passing Hailey her plate and then sitting down beside her; she smiled and thanked me for it. After we finished our breakfast I went and got showered and changed, I came downstairs wearing a black jumper, jeans and black high tops. When I got downstairs and went in searched for Hailey, and found her washing up and cleaning the kitchen.

“You know, I could have done that.” I said, startling her, as she didn’t know I was there. “And I didn’t mean to make you jump either,” I added.

“I wanted too, you ready?” she asked. I nodded then guided her to the front door, we exited the house, I locked the door, and then we started the 10 minutes walk to the beach.