Chapter 22

Hailey's P.O.V

"Louis, please just let me sleep!" I exclaim, pulling the covers over my head,

"No, talk to me Hailey, please..." Louis whines, pulling the covers back and shaking my shoulder gently.

"Why? It’s not going to change anything is it? I've made my mind up; I'm leaving, please just leave me." I burst out, sitting up and staring at him.

"But maybe, I want to know the full story, the reason why my best friend is leaving me, and her boyfriend please Hailey!" Louis pleads.

"Can you get Liam round here, so I can tell you both at the same time, I don't think I can tell it twice?" I gulp, trying to hide the tears that are falling down my cheeks. Hastily wiping them away, Louis gives me an unreadable look, before nodding his head and walking out the too to ring Liam.

I wonder what Zayn’s doing now, it's 11 at night, and we normally watch a film in bed or sleeping. Is it strange to say, I can almost feel a figure hugging around my body, and the traced circles being drawn into my skin. I know it can't be, and I know it will never happen again, but the feeling, the butterflies I got and the warm feeling, it’s all coming back, like I belong here. I can't believe I'm doing this, I can't believe I’ve left the boy I love, the boy that is my world and the one that means everything to me. But I can't live with myself knowing he is putting himself through stress and pain, looking out for me. I would never forgive myself, that's why maybe if I leave, then Zayn can forget about me and move on. He can get a slimmer, prettier, funnier and more popular girl. Zayn having a girlfriend who isn't me, that’s horrible, my stomach is starting to turning and my arms are filling with goose bumps, I can't live without him, I just can't. But I know I have to.

"Hey Hailey," Liam's voice spoke behind me,

"Hey," I breathe, turning my body around to see Liam and Louis at the door frame of the lounge, both looking sad slightly.

"Is it true what I've heard? That you're leaving?" Liam questioned walking towards me on the sofa and sitting beside me, then Louis does the same and sits on the other side of me. I nod gently at Liam, that actual thought of me leaving actually is starting to sink in, not  only I wont see Zayn, but I wont see Liam and Louis . "When are you intending on leaving?" he added.

"As soon as possible," I squeaked, I can't face looking at Liam's nor Louis face, I know I will end up crying, and then I’ll agree to stay, and I can't.

"Well, do you think this is the right thing to do? Where are you going to go? Where are you going to live? How are you going to afford food and to live?" Liam asks raising his eyebrows at me as he does.

"I don't know,” I shrug, playing it cool in front of these boys is impossible, all I want to do is run back to Zayn, and be in his arms, but I can't.

“Then what do you know?” Louis asks, taking hold of my hand and giving it a gentle squeeze, like Zayn does, but it doesn’t get the warm feeling and the butterflies back, that have just disappeared, I don't get the same feeling as what I get when Zayn does it, but its close enough.

“That I need to leave,” I state, gripping Louis’s hand tightly, the comforting warm touch of his hand, as the thoughts run through my head even more, that Zayn, Louis, Liam, Niall and even Harry wont be in my life if I leave.

“Why?” Liam argues,

“I’m causing Zayn pain, and I can't face it, and if you look at my face, I'm going to be getting this every day for the rest of my life now,” I choke, the tears now pouring down my face again, the salt pouring into the cuts on my face, and making them sting. Liam waves his hand across my cheek, wiping away the salty substance, then he runs his hand across the cuts and bruises on my face, and half smiles. His face wears an unreadable look, like he always has, most of the time.