chapter eighteen

After Tour finished, and Alex and I were on the plane home.

When we got off the plane, Lisa met us at the airport.

"Hi! How was it?" She asked me.

"It was so much fun. But I think I'm ready to sleep in my own bed." I laughed.

"Me." Alex said.

We mostly talked on the way to the house, and I was mostly excited to see my bed and the dogs.

We walked into the house, and I heard little nails scratching on the hardwood floor.

"Babies!" Alex and I yelled, crouching onto the floor.

"I swear, you two are exactly the same." Lisa mumbled.

The two dogs rolled on the floor as Alex and I pet them, while sitting in the middle of the entry way.

"Oh I've missed you guys so much." I mumbled into Sebastian's fur.

After as many pup cuddles I could get in, I wanted to go put my bags in my room.

When I got there, everything looked untouched. With the exception of one thing.

It was on my desk. When I left, my desk was completely clean.

But, there were a couple items.

I set my bags down and looked at whatever was on my desk.

Most of it was wrapped in Christmas paper.

I opened one.

And I smirked.

It's from Brendon.

'Hey kiddo! Thank you for the cd! Your voice is fantastic. In here is a few items, and don't worry. Sarah helped me. Love you and hope to see you soon. Merry Christmas! -Brendon and Sarah'

Inside was a Panic! bomber jacket, an eyeshadow palette, and Panic! leggings.

"Oh my god cute!" I yelled.

I quickly texted Brendon and Sarah a thank you.

Then onto the next one.

'Hi baby! It was a last minute gift that I ordered like two weeks before you went on tour with your dad, and it arrived two hours after you left. I just thought these were hella cute and thought they might be in your style range. If you don't like them I can send them back. Love you! Mom'

I pulled out a couple pairs of denim shorts, they were high-waisted and acid washed.

And also a tee shirt, an All Time Low tee shirt.

I'll have to thank Lisa for these when I go back downstairs.

Last box was a card.

'Blake' the front of the card said.

I knew who it was from. Nobody that I know calls me Blake anymore.

I ripped the envelope open.

It was a Christmas card, from Miss Ruth. My old neighbor.

'Hello dear. I haven't seen you in a long, long time. As you know, I'm getting older. My time is coming, and I'd love for you to come see me before I go. And I hope that you've found peace. I know what happened in that house. I saw the court trial on TV and I'd love it if you brought your new family with you, I'd love to meet them. Hopefully I'll see you soon. I love you dear. -miss Ruth'

I wiped a few tears from my face and put the card back into the white envilope.

I walked downstairs.