chapter twenty nine

Lisa came down and told me she was taking Tom to go see her parents for a couple hours.

"Okay. Drive safe, I'll see you in a few." I said.

When I finished my dinner, I put one of my orders of food in the fridge. That's my lunch for tomorrow.

I decided on taking a shower, just to get rid of my stress for however long I'm in there.

But, me being the dumbass I am, I decided to exfoliate and use a body oil in the shower. I rinsed it all off my body, but it sticks to the shower floor for a couple days.

I stepped forward to grab my shampoo, and I slipped.

And then I couldn't move.

And the only person home is Alex.

Fuck.

I managed to grab the towel hanging from the shower door and draped it over my body.

"Alex!" I yelled.

"You okay?" He asked from outside of the bathroom.

"No! I slipped in the shower and now I can't move! Come help me!" I yelled.

He opened the door and turned the water off.

"I'm sorry if this is incredibly awkward." He said and helped wrap the towel around my body.

He then picked me up off of the shower floor and took me to my room.

"Do you need help getting dressed?" He asked.

"I can't lift my arms above my head." I said.

"So that's a yes." He said.

"Okay, I want those AWG Glamour Kills sweats. And just grab a random pair of underwear. Sweats are hanging up in the closet. Underwear is in the top drawer." I said.

He nodded.

"And for a shirt, I want my cropped Boner shirt and a random sports bra. Cropped shirt is also hanging up, sports bras are in the drawer under my underwear." I added.

He grabbed all the clothes, and I turned around.

He helped me put the sports bra on, and the shirt. I put my underwear on by myself, and he helped with the sweats, because they get caught on my feet.

"I was really hoping I could wash my hair tonight." I huffed, tossing my towel to the floor.

"I'll wash it in the kitchen sink. Come on, I'll take you down there." He said.

He carried me on his hip.

"Okay, I want the sake essence shampoo and conditioner, then I want my violet toning shampoo." I said when he set me on the kitchen counter.

It was nice having somebody else wash my hair.

"If the toning shampoo comes out slightly purple that's fine. Just leave it in for like three minutes." I said.

This might have been a small bonding experience for Alex and I.

"Okay, are you ready for the after wash routine?" I asked as he sat me up.

"Oh dear god." He said.

"You can sit on the couch for this one." I said.

"Yes." He said, pumping his fist in the air.

"Okay. There's a big floral makeup bag in the bathroom in the drawer closest to the door. Then grab my blowdrier and the biggest round brush, and my black and white brush." I said.

He nodded and went upstairs.

He brought everything back down and set it all on the coffee table.

I could pick everything out that I need.

"Okay. This elixir. Three drops, rub it in between your hands and put it in the bottom half of my hair." I instructed.

When he finished putting all of the oils and strengthening stuff in my hair, it was time to brush and blow dry.

When everything was done, he helped me on to the couch.

"Was this a weird bonding experience?" Alex asked.

"I think so." I chuckled.

When Lisa came home, carrying a sleeping Tom, she asked if we had a hair party without her.

"No, I just slipped in the shower and couldn't lift my arms above my head." I said.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine." I said.

When I went to bed and woke up the next morning, I felt a lot better. I could lift my arms to a certain extent.

And when I got to school, all eyes were on me.

Then Rose walked up to me.

"I'm surprised you didn't get suspended." She said.

"Me too. I have detention for an hour every afternoon for a week though." I shrugged.

"Have I ever said that you're my favorite person?" She asked, slinging her arm over my shoulder.

I groaned internally, and we went our separate ways. I go to English first thing in the morning, which isn't that bad. But Mister Markham is so fucking boring it isn't even funny.

He keeps the same monotone voice for everything. Not to mention he's old as shit. His phone number is probably seven, was probably there when Karl Benz invented the first car.

As Mister Markham droned on and on about the importance of linguistics, my phone buzzed in my back pocket.

"Sir. May I go to the restroom?" I asked.

"Be quick, take the hall pass." He said, pointing to the foam sword on the wall by the door.

I got up quickly and grabbed the sword on the way out.

When I got to the bathroom, I locked myself in a stall.

I pulled my phone out and saw a text from Alex.

Don't freak out or anything, Lisa and I got back from the store with Tom, and Austin is at the house right now.

So I replied naturally.

NO FUCKING WAY!! OH MY GOD DO YOU KNOW WHEN HE GOT INTO TOWN???

He replied.

He got into town about an hour ago, and watch your language young lady. Oh, and get back to class!!

I replied with.

Ugh ur such a dad, okay. Tell Austin I love him, and ask if he can pick me up from school. yknow, after I get out of detention :/

I didn't get a reply, so I left the stall, washed my hands because our bathrooms are so disgusting, and walked back to class.