chapter eleven

Everyone rolled into the house at around two. Everyone bringing in various food items.

"Merry Christmas baby." Jack said when he walked in the door, a couple bottles of wine in his hands.

"Merry Christmas Jacky."

Alex had told me that they do presents before they eat, and everyone goes one at a time.

Since I was the youngest, they made me go first.

"This ones from Rian." I said, and tore open the paper.

And laughed.

Rian and I had a bet that if I beat him in a drum battle, he'd get me some custom drum sticks. And let's just say I won that bet.

The presents dwindled down, to where everyone had my gift left.

"Aww. You're so sweet." Zack said, holding up the case.

I winked.

Once everyone opened it, figuring they got the same thing.

"Okay. I need somebody's cd to volunteer." I said, so Lisa's mom handed me theirs.

"There's something important that plays at the very beginning of this. So pay close attention, and if any of you cry I'm gonna smack you." I said and popped the cd into the stereo.

'Hey. I've sang this song a lot since you've come into my life. Thank you so much for you undying love and support. You all are the best family I've ever had. This is for my uncles. Jack, Rian, and Zack. This is for all of the new friends I've made over the course of these eight months, like Brendon Urie and Austin Carlile. This is for Sam, who helped me get to this amazing family. And this is for my parents, my mom and dad. Alex and Lisa Gaskarth. This song is called Piece by Piece.'

"Mom and Dad?" Alex and Lisa asked.

To which I nodded, and they both got up from their seats and hugged me.

"I went from being honorary dad to real dad." Alex said.

After we all had eaten, conversed, and sent everybody home Lisa and I cleaned up the kitchen.

"Thank you so much for the gift." She said.

"It's no problem. You and Alex have done so much for me. And I really appreciate it." I replied.

When we got the kitchen cleaned up, the three of us gathered into the living room.

Where we watched Christmas movies.

Also, today was the day Alex brought his dogs home. They had been away at some dog academy for the past two months.

I missed my boys.

They both curled up onto my lap, well. Peyton was on my lap, Baz was behind me on the couch and had his head on my shoulder.

"So, Blake." Alex started.

"Actually. I think I'd like to be called Ivy now. My original father wanted me to be a boy so he gave me a boy name." I said.

"Okay. Ivy, it's nearing the end of the year. And something very important is coming up. Tour is starting up again. I've talked to Greico, and he said it would be okay if you wanted to tour with us. So, would you be interested in going?" Alex asked.

"Tour? When have I ever said no to anything musical?" I replied.

"When you refused to do karaoke with me." Alex mumbled.

"Okay. My voice was gone that day." I said.

"So I take that as, you're coming on tour with us?" He asked.