chapter thirty three

There were people standing over me.

"What happened?" I groaned, still laying in the lush green grass.

"You passed out. You okay?" Alex asked.

"Yeah. Help me up." I said.

He and Lisa did, and they set me in the kitchen.

"Is she okay?" Grace, Lisa's mom, asked.

"Yeah. She passed out for a good ten minutes. Are you sure you're okay?" Alex asked.

"Yeah. Can you hand me my juice. It's in the fridge." I said.

He went to grab it, and I held my hands out in front of me. They weren't shaky.

Hmm. Weird.

I drank my juice, and felt a slight headache coming on.

"Hey mom, when's dinner ready?" Lisa asked.

"Call everyone in." Grace smiled.

Once everybody was in, we all filled out plates, sat down, and ate.

I started to feel better as I ate, I was talking to Emma, Lisa's niece. She was talking to me about some kid who made fun of her because she colored a picture of a dog blue.

"Well, Blue from Blue's Clues is one of the most iconic dogs in the world, and she's blue." I said to Emma.

She nodded and continued to eat.

I helped put dinner away, helped cleaned up the kitchen.

"You don't have to help. Go and sit with the others." Grace said.

"That's okay. I like to help." I said, putting the last plate into the dishwasher.

Grace and I walked into the living room and watched the game. I periodically checked the time on my phone because Alex and I have an early morning ahead of us.

When it neared eight thirty, I started to get tired and anxious. If I miss practice tomorrow morning I won't be able to compete.

I kinda started to get a little whiny. Which I get is really annoying especially if you're fourteen, almost fifteen years old. But I'm tired and I normally start getting ready for bed at this time.

"I know you're tired, please quit whining. We're leaving here soon." Lisa whispered to me.

I nodded and cuddled up to her side.

Apparently 'here soon' means in two hours.

It's way past my bed time, and I have to be awake in six hours.

When we said goodbye to everybody, I was the first one in the car.

"I'm sorry, I know I said that we'd leave soon." Lisa said once she got in the car.

I slightly rolled my eyes and reclined my seat so I could get some sleep.

When I woke up, I was being put in my bed.

I looked up to see Alex.

"Don't forget, you're taking me to swim practice tomorrow morning." I yawned, curling up in my comforter.

"Okay, what time do I need to be up?" Alex asked.

"I'll get you up. I have to be up at five." I yawned.

He nodded and kissed the top of my head.

Once he left the room, I changed into a big tee shirt and left my pants off. Pants are overrated.