Chapter 8

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR GEORGIA! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!" I sang loudly, walking into her room. I sat her breakfast on the bed. "Thank you! Wow, this looks amazing" "Your welcome. Do you want your present now or-" "NOW!!!"

I went out of her room to get the envelope with the tickets inside.  I gave her the envelope. and she tore it open.  "YOU GOT ME COURTSIDE TICKETS?!?!? THANK YOU!!!!" "Your welcome." I'm glad that I could make her happy. "These must have cost a fortune." "Don't worry about it. Just enjoy them tonight." "I have to find something to wear!" she said jumping out of bed. I walked into my room and my phone started ringing and Damian's picture came up.

V:Goodmorning

D: Goodmorning. Did you give her the tickets yet?

V: Yep. She was so happy. Wait until tonight, she is going to be estatic.

D:Are you nervous about her finding out?

V:I'm actually happy about her finding out. That way there is no more secrets. I'm worried about how she will react to the fact that I kept that a secret from her.

D:It'll be fine. I bet she won't even be mad.

V:Alright I'll try to calm down. So are you ready for the game tonight?

D:Yea. We've been working hard. I'm still waiting for that basketball game against you.

"Nessa! Can you come help me?!? I can't find anything to wear!!"

V: Well you gon be waiting a long time. Alright, I have to go help Georgia. She can't find anything to wear tonight.

D:I'll see you later.

I hung up and found myself staring at the picture on my homescreen of me and Dame. He is so cute. "VANESSA!!!!" "OK! DAMN! I'M COMING!" I walk in her room and find her in the middle of the floor with plenty of clothes. "All these clothes and you can't find anything to wear?"

*LATER*

"COME GEORGIA! WE HAVE TO GO!" "ALRIGHT, I'LL BE OUT IN A SECOND!!!" She was taking forever to come out. We had to get there in time to get to the locker room. "Why are we leaving early anyway?" She was wearing her Lamarcus jersey. "So we can get a good parking space." "Ok. Let me go get my phone." When she walked out, I looked at myself in the mirror. I'm wearing my Dame jersey. Gotta support the bae. Wait a minute. He is not my bae. Let me change that. Gotta support my close friend. Yea, that sounds right. "Alright I'm ready."

     We left the apartment and headed toward the arena.  When we pulled up, she had the same look in her eyes as the first time she came here. "Here, put this blindfold on." "Why?" "Do you want your second surprise or not?" She took the blindfold from my hands and quickly put it on. I guided her toward through the arena until we stop in front of the locker room doors.

   "Ok. Take off your blindfold." "Ok. So my surprise is the doors" "Yes Georgia, I got you doors for your birthday." I say sarcastically. "Your surprise is behind the doors."  I knock on the door. "Is everyone decent?" I yell through the door.  The door opens and Lamarcus steps out.

   "Yea. Besides a few shirtless, everyone is decent. Hey Nessa." He says and pulls me into a hug. "Hey LA." I let go and see Georgia look at me and Lamarcus with wide eyes and jaw dropped. "Come on in." I walked in, only to find out Georgia wasn't next to me. I turn around and see her standing there in the same spot with the same expression. As if she was frozen. "Come on." I said pulling her into the locker room. 

    "Vanessa!!" Wesley said, pulling me into a tight hug. I was released and able to breathe, only to be pulled into another hug from Robin. I noticed how Georgia stood there awkwardly. I guess it's time to introduce her. "Guys, this is Georgia. Georgia, these are the guys. I would introduce them, but I think you know who they are."  They all said hello. "This is so cool. Vans, I have one question though. Why did they hug you like they knew you?" "Because I do know them."  She stared at me, waiting for me to tell her I'm joking. When she realized I'm not, her eyes got wide.