Chapter 11

Today was the day of the cookout. I was in the bathroom getting ready. I'm wearing a blue sundress (thats right, I'm wearing a dress) with black flats. Dame is gonna flip, considering he has never seen me wear a dress. I don't even think he knows I even own a dress. My normally curly hair was now slighly less curly.

Damian and I haven't talked about what happened last night. We just acted the same as before the kiss. My phone rang and I answered without looking at the caller I.D. Big mistake.

"Vanessa, just listen to me. I love y-"

I hung up. It was you know who. Why is he still calling me? I am really close to blocking his number. He called me a few more times after that. I ignored every call. Then it rang again. At this point, I was extremely irritated.

"Stop calling my phone!" "Damn Nessa what did I do?" "Sorry Georgia. Davon has been blowing my phone up." "He still calling you?" "Yea. I know you didn't call me to talk about my ex-boyfriend problems. So whats up?" "Nothin. I just calling to see how you were." "I'm getting ready to go to the cookout" "What are you wearing?" "My blue sundress and black flats." "You're wearing a dress?!?!?!" a voice in the background asked. "Um, Georgia who was that? And am I on speakerphone?" "Its Wesley and yes you are on speakerphone." "So you called him?" I was impressed. I didn't think she would actually call him. "Yea she called me. You're wearing a dress? I never knew you had one" he said. "I don't wear dresses a lot, but I do. Anyway, what are you guys up too?"

"We just watched movies." "I also wanted to let you know that Dame kissed me last night." "He kissed you?" Georgia asked. "Yes!! You now owe me 50 bucks" Wes said.

"Wait, you guys made a bet?" "Yea. I said that he would ask you out first. Wesley said that he would kiss you first."

I shook my head smilling. Only them. "It was a bad idea to get you two to hangout." "It was a great idea. Anyway, how did it happen? I want to know everything." "Me too!" Wes said in the background. "I would tell you, but I gotta go." "Ok. I'll talk to you later." "Bye guys. Wes, don't eat all the food in fridge." "Too late for that. Bye Vans." He hung up.

I swear if he eats all the food in the fridge, he is buying me groceries for the next few months. When I finished getting ready, I walked to the kitchen to meet up with the rest of the family.

"Look at you! You look great" Dame's mom Gina said beaming at me. "Thank you" I said smiling. "Hey ma, I got you the-whoa" Dame said walking into the kitchen. His jaw dropped. "What did you get?" Ms. Gina asked, looking just as amused as I was. "Oh yea! I got the pans you needed. Wow" he said looking at me.

I laughed softly. "Close your mouth Dame. You'll catch flies" I said walking past him and he shut his mouth. His reaction was the best thing ever.

I walked into the living room to watch some tv until it was time to leave. After a few minutes, Dame walked in. "Hey" he said smiling at me. "Hey." "You look great" he said sitting next to me on the couch. "Thanks." "I never even knew that you had a dress." "Wesley said the same thing." "Its just you don't seem like the type of girl to wear a dress." I rolled my eyes. "I can be girly." "So you're saying that if I look through your closet, I might find more dresses?" I nod my head. "Not many though. They are mainly in the back"

We sat there and watched tv until it was time to leave. He put his arm around my shoulders. I sat closer to him and laid my head on his shoulder. After a while, I felt Dame's stare and look at him. "What?" I asked smilling. "You are really beautiful you know that?" I looked away, slightly embarrased.

Last night was still nagging at the back of my mind. Like, are we still just friends or are we together? Wait. We are in that awkward transition phase, where we don't know what kind of relationship we have. I hate not knowing. I hate being in this position.