Lucien Castle ; imagine one

He saves you from killing yourself.
Trigger warning for attempted suicide (GIF).

A tear fell from your eye as you looked down at the ground. You suddenly felt dizzy and you wondered for a second if you should go back. "Suck it up, coward." You said to yourself, and you closed your eyes as you took a step forward and jumped from the roof of the building.

" You said to yourself, and you closed your eyes as you took a step forward and jumped from the roof of the building

You thought that you'd feel the cold ground, but you actually felt two strong, warm arms catch you. You scowled when you saw who it was. "What the hell, Lucien?" A growl left your throat. Lucien felt hurt. "Love, I-" "You and I both know that you do not give a damn about humans." You growled to the vampire. "I couldn't let you-" "Last time I saw you, you were trying to kill me!" You yelled, and you jumped out of his arms. "There is a very clear difference between someone else trying to kill you, and trying to kill yourself!" Lucien shouted. "Well, I would've been dead!" "I couldn't let you do that, Y/N." He sighed. "You very well could've." You said. "I...I don't want to hurt you." He said. "No?"

"The reason I tried to...hurt you in the first place was so I could annoy Nik." He explained. "But I never truly wanted to..." Lucien looked down at the ground. "You suffering made me feel physically ill," Lucien whispered, with tears in his eyes. You hit him in the arm. "Why do you pretend to care, Lucien? Why not just act like the monster you are?" "Because I love you, Y/N!" Lucien shouted, frustrated at his own feelings. "What about that other girl, Aurora?" "I do not care for Aurora, and I never have, not like I do for you." Lucien said Aurora's name like it was poison. "You tried to go after her for years." "I'm not really good at words, but I want you to know that you're the one I'm in love with."

After that day, Lucien had always come to save you and to comfort you, or to just laugh with you. The vampire had saved you again and again when you had tried to take your own life multiple times. Because he loved you.