Taking a chance

Sam's POV

"Move back to New York?" Sam said in disbelief, "B---But I can't just move all my friends are here and my house as well, my boyfriend too" "I'm afraid that's the one of the only options you have" Doctor MCellan said "Wait... one of the only options?" Taurtis asked "Yes that's correct, there is a highly dangerous procedure that might just work but it could kill him"

"Sam... how do you feel about this?" Grian asked "Well I'm not sure, I don't want to leave but this might kill me" "Your dying either way!" Taurtis shouted, I was stunned I hadn't really heard him yell before except when defending me, "Oh god...
I'm sorry Sam, I-I'm just so scared---I don't want to lose you, ever" "You won't Taurtis, let's do it Doc I'm ready."

Time skip (about an hour later)

Grian's POV

"Alright let's start this thing" Said Mcellan muffled through the doorway leading to the procedure room, I leaned over to Taurtis who seemed anxious and said, "Hey, he's gonna be alright" "I know but you can't stop me from worrying" Taurtis said scared "Your right about that"

Just then beeping and shouting were all I could hear, Taurtis and I had to enter the room even though we knew it meant trouble for both of us. As soon as we entered the room Sam was convulsing on the operating table, I was so stunned I couldn't look away, but I didn't need to look to realize that Taurtis was crying so I took my arms and put them around him and pulled him away so that we didn't interfere with anything. He fought back "SAM YOU FIGHT WITH EVERYTHING YOU HAVE YOU CAN'T DIE!" Taurtis shouted at the top of his lungs "We have to go Taurtis" I said my voice waivering almost crying. We both fell asleep in the chairs from the pure exhaustion of crying.

Sam's POV

I wake up and look over to see that the clock says 4:27 A.M. I see a nurse in the corner of the room. "Where are Taurtis and Grian?" "Who?" She asks
"They're my friends, well one boyfriend and the other best friend" "Let me go talk with your doctor" while she was gone I tried to sit up and move my legs only to find I couldn't. MCellan walked in "Why can't I feel my legs!" I blurted out, "Sam this is going to be hard to hear, but we had to put you in a medically induced coma after your surgery, you've been out for months, so it will take time getting used to the feeling of moving around" "I want Grian and Taurtis now" "Alright, get them here O'Brien" "Right away sir"

*Moments later*

Both Grian and Taurtis bust through the doors, Taurtis' eyes puffy and red, Grian not as much. "Sam!" Taurtis yelled "You're back" I couldn't help both crying and smiling at the same time, "We thought you might never wake up Sam" Grian said tearing up, "I'm here you guys I'm here, but I really would like to get out of here" "We need you here for a day to monitor you" MCellan said

*Timeskip*

3rd person POV

"And I win again!" Sam shouts winning his 12th game of Uno in a row, "How do you do this" both Grian and Taurtis say in sync, "I don't know I'm just awesome," just then MCellan walks in, "Great news you can go, just take slow steps with your legs."

A/N

It's been awhile hope the people that see this like it.