2

Leah and I were up early on the bus, on our way to Portland. We both fall asleep on our way to Portland. When we were almost there, we woke up. 

"That was not one of the best naps I had." she said rolling her eyes.

I chuckle "Yeah."

Leah and I have been best friends for about 4 years now. And we have no secrets. She knows everything about me and I know everything about her. 

"So you know I'm working parts of the summer at the diner, you know, for extra money for college." 

"I know Mia, you don't have to remind me. You already told me you do."

I laugh "I'm just reminding you."

"I'll keep myself busy when you do."

"It will be some nights. With my mom being in debts...." I pause for a bit "I'm just trying to help her not paying everything for college." I said to her looking out the window.

"Mia, you don't have to explain anything to me. We have known each other for 4 years now. I know."

I chuckle a bit. 

"I can't wait to finally meet your dad and everyone, even the bitch stepmom of yours."

"Ugh... I don't know why my dad even married her." I rolled my eyes.

"Look, love is a strange thing. Maybe she loves your dad. And he loves her."

"Yeah... But he left my mom for this bitch. And she's so mean to me. I don't even know why she is. And maybe..." I stopped before I say things that should be left on spoken.

"Maybe what?"

"I don't think she married my dad for love. I think she married him for his money."

"Mia, you don't even know that for sure. You can't just say things like that."

"I know. But I just want her to be nice to me without having my dad around for that."

"I get it. But maybe things will be different this time."

I just shrugged my shoulders and left out a sigh. I hope Leah is right. 

Our bus stops and we were in Portland. Leah and I got off and got our bags. I looked around for my dad but I don't see him anywhere. Then someone comes up behind me and wraps his arms around me.

"Mia."

I turn around to see who it was and it was my stepbrother Alex. I hugged him tight. "Alex."

"I'm so glad to see you. It's been too long."

"I know." I giggled and hugged him tighter.

We let go and I introduced him to Leah.

"This is Leah, Alex. My best friend. Leah my brother Alex." 

Alex I didn't consider as a stepbrother. He was like a real brother to me. So we don't call each other step bro or step sis. Alex held out his hand and Leah meets his. "Nice to meet you Leah." Leah smiles "You too Alex." 

"Where is dad?"

"He had to leave this morning for an emergency business trip. He will be back Friday."

"Great." I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"He told me to apologize on his behalf."

"It's fine Alex." I shrugged my shoulders. 

I looked towards where his car was standing and there was one handsome, gorgeous, breathtaking guy, leaning against his car, staring at us. My first thoughts were WOW! WHO THE HELL IS HE?  But he doesn't even smile or anything. Just bluntly staring at us. No smile, nothing.  

"Are you ready to go?" Alex interrupts my thoughts.

"What?"

"Yes we are" Leah says poking me with her elbow. 

"Oh yes, we can go." I nod and Alex takes my bags and we walked to his car.

My heart was raising a bit when we got closer to this guy. He was hot as hell. Black, brownish hair, little bit long and a bit curly, blue eyes, icy blue. Firmly built and muscatel as I can see where his T-shirt was tightening around his body. He took my breath away. But something tells me, he is the kind of guy who knows he is gorgeous and flaunts it.  And he will be an ass about it too.

"Mia this is Dylan. My best friend. Dylan, my sister and her best friend L-. What was it again?" 

"Leah." she answered him with sass. 

I held out my hand to Dylan, being polite. "Nice to meet you Dylan."

He looks at my hand, then he looks me up and down, and he just shrugs his shoulders "Yeah you too." he said and he got in the car. 

What the fuck... Was my thoughts staring at him with shock. My mouth dropping open a bit.

Alex puts our things in the back of the car and he holds the door open for me and Leah to get in. We got in and I keep staring at Dylan not sure why is being a complete ass. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you and please vote.

Ema and Kat.