Chapter 6

I hum to myself as I get ready for school. After dinner Slaide and I went back to the house and I locked myself in the room the whole night.

I'm officially dreading today. Sara is so gonna make my life a living hell. More than it already is.

I love the fall in Seattle. It may be cold for other people but I happen to love the cold.

I throw on a knitted black sweater that had long sleeves that I had cover my hands, and some grey thick leggings and my combat boots that lace up to the bottom of my knee cap. I brush my platinum blonde hair to the side in a braid and a grey and black gradient beanie.

(Wow this is a lot of describing.)

I do my normal eyeliner with a wing, some mascara and Chap stick.

I text Rachel to come pick me up.

"Slaide get your lazy butt up!!!!" I yell up the stairs.

I see him lazy walk down the stairs almost tripping on the last step.

I hold in a giggle.

"Shut up." Slaide groaned

I head to the kitchen make myself some hot chocolate poured in it a mug to keep it warm and grabbed an apple for myself. I headed into the living room to see my dear 'ol brother sprawled out on the couch scrolling through the channels on the TV.

"I'm heading to school, Slaide. I'll see you after school." I kiss his forehead and he mumbles something incoherent.

I head outside to wait for Rachel to pick me. I pull out my phone to pass the time. Ryan has been busy with family issues but I miss him. So screw it I'm texting him.

Me: Hey babe, I know you've been busy but I can't help but miss you.

I press send. A minute passes of me impatiently staring at my phone. When my phone dings.

Ryan: Hey angel :). I'm so sorry. Thank you for understanding but my uncle was having some issues that i needed to help him with. But I couldn't stop thinking about how much i missed you.

Me: It's no problem I just missed you.

A car horn beeped in front of me. I look up to see Rachel's car.

Me: Well i gtg to school babe. I love you I'll text you tonight.

Ryan: ok sweetheart. I love you too. Talk to you later.

I shove my phone in my bag and slide into Rachel's car. The heat was blasted up on high. I look over to my friend amused.

"What not everyone is a vampire like you and loves the cold." She sticks her tongue out at me and starts to drive to school.

"I don't just love the cold. The cold is my life." I dramatically put my hand on my heart making Rachel laugh.

"Yeah, yeah ice queen."

I laugh. "Don't compare me to Elsa. I'd rather be a girl version of Edward Cullen. At least he sparkles."

"You are to much." Rachel laughs as we pull into school, parking the car.

"Ready for hell?" She looks to me.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I sigh getting out of the car.

Rachel and I walk to the courtyard and sit up on the wall by the Library. This is where we usually sit in the morning, away from the populars or anyone that is. I look up to see Evan heading over to us with his usual goofy smile. He was wearing tight black skinny jeans, a grey sweater, a red beanie and black vans. Which now that I notice is the same thing Rachel's wearing.