Chapter 14

"Mary."

"Mary."

"Mary!"

My eyes fly open and the first thing I see are icy blue eyes staring down at me. But it's dark now and I could hear the crickets around us and the stars are filling the sky like a blanket.

"We fell asleep, I better get you home." Jake helps me up.

He leads me back through the trail and back into his truck. I still feel my eyes drooping as I sit in the passanger seat. But I perk up when I hear a boom of laughter.

"Do you know you talk in your sleep?" Jake glances over at me with amusment.

I look at him weirdly. "I do?" I ask him. Panic spreads through my body.

"Yeah, something about how you find me attractive, or you find my eyes entrancing. That kind of stuff. I didn't know I was godly to you, Princess." Jake laughs.

I could feel my face get hot. Ughhh damn my mind and my stupid hormones. He is attractive though. I'm completely grateful for the fact it's dark out, or he'd see how red my face is right now.

"I...er..um." I stumble for words.

"It's ok, Mary. I find you just as god like and attractive." He states boldly.

And cue my face getting even redder.

"I...uh.." I wring my hands trying to calm my nervs.

"Calm down. You really don't know how to take a compliment do you?" Jake glances over at me.

"No....not really." I say quietly but loud enough for him to hear.

What surprised me next was that he put his hand on mine, squeezing.

"Well you should, you're so worth it. You don't see how great you really are. You deserve the best and only the best." He looks over me with a glint in his eyes that I only saw Ryan ever give me.

I feel my heart quicken. But before I was able to say anything back we pulled into my driveway. And Jake cut the engine facing me. "Thank you for hanging out with me today. Can we do it again sometime." Jake asks me scooting closer.

"Of course, I had a lot of fun today. I'd love to do it again." I smile at him.

A really big smile spread across his face.

"Well, I got to go. I'll see you at school tomorrow." I grab my bag.

"See you tomorrow." Jake leans in kissing my cheek, pulling away smiling.

I get out of the car before he could see me blush. The air got really cold by the time we left to now.

I run up the steps, waving to Jake as he leaves. I open my door, closing it behind me.

"In here sis!" I hear Slaide call.

I follow his voice to his room. "Hey. I'm gonna call Rachel over I need to talk to her about school stuff." I tell my brother.

"Ok, night." He looks up at me. I walk over kissing him on the cheek then I head to my room, closing my door.

I grab my phone from my bag turning it on. I have several text messages from Ryan. But I honestly can't talk to him right now. I scroll through my contacts clicking Rachel's name.

"Hello?"

"Come over A.S.A.P. I need you now."

"I'm coming, be there in five."

I hang up plugging in my phone, resting down on my bed. I put my head in my hands running my fingers through my head. I quickly pull on my light grey sweats and my long sleeve red shirt, tieing my hair up into a bun at the top of my head. Just as I finished taking off my make up when there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it!" I yell rushing down the stairs to the front door.

I open the door to reveal Jake.

"Wha-"

I got cut off by his lips planting to mine. My eyes widen but soonly close. Tingles shoot through my body and before I know it I'm kissing back. He pulls away looking me in the eye.

"So beautiful." He wispers brushing his thumb over my cheek, then runs right back to his truck.

Right when I see Rachel walk up the steps, Jake's leaving my driveway.

Rachel looks just as shocked as I probably do.

"I'm gonna guess that was what you called me over about?" Rachel rose an eyebrow.

"You have noooo idea." I sigh closing the door, leading her to my room.

I close the door to my room and we both sit on my bed. I bring my knees up to my chest wrapping my arms around my legs.

"So spill." Rachel clapped her hands together. See this is why I love her. Even when something bad is going on she's always there for me when I need her.

And so I spilled. I spilled everything. From two days ago when I video chatted Ryan to the feild today, then to the kiss just a few minutes ago.

"Oh, come here." Rachel opened her arms and I crawled over to her and leaned into her, wrapping my arms around her waist resting my head on her shoulder.

She rubbed my back soothingly. "I know what you need. Some mint chocolate chip ice cream and some action movies." She pulled away smiling at me.

I smile nodding. This is why she's my best friend. She knows me like the back of her hand. I pop in Captain America and Rachel runs to the kitchen to grab the tub of mint ice cream and two spoons.

We both curl on my bed facing the tv, shoveling ice cream into are mouths watching the sexy beast on the screen. You see, when we're sad we don't watch chick flicks that just makes the matter worse, but action flicks help you get your mind of things.

Rachel ends up sleeping over and the whole night neither of us mentioned cancer or boys at all. We just drooled over action heros and ate our hearts out.

This my friend is what best friends do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Yup I put conflict.

Sorry this story needed something.

Yes now it may sound like a soap opera. But this has to be the best soap opera ever

-Kitty