Wild Things (Library, Part Two)

{A/N: I'm continuing this. Because I love the way the first part turned out. This is set a few weeks after part one.}

"Hey, sis, are you coming to my meet tomorrow?" Pietro asked as Wanda entered the apartment, a stack of books in hand. He was in the kitchenette, heating something up in the microwave. All he was wearing was running shorts, and she rolled her eyes at his blatant disregard for shirts.

"Can't. Gotta study." She lied, shifting her books from one arm to the next. He frowned at her, leaning against the sink.

"But it's a Saturday. You've been studying non-stop in the library for weeks." Wanda shrugged at his comment. "Barton being tough again?"

"Yeah. Finals are next month, after all." She responded, pulling her hair into a bun. Pietro eyed his 12-minute younger sister. She noticed his look. "What is it, asshole?" She said the last word lovingly in Sokovian.

"You seem... different." He stated bluntly, pulling his microwave meal out of the microwave. It was leftover paprikash that Wanda had made a few days ago for them. "You've been putting more effort into your appearance, you've been spending more time at the library..."

"Maybe I'm just getting more serious. It is our last semester of university, Pietro. Maybe I'm hoping that I can market myself to my peers. Get a job right after graduating. It's not like I'm an Olympic athlete." She tried to distract herself from that fact most of the time. Pietro was the fastest runner in the world. He was representing their home country, but sometimes she felt that everyone ignored her because of his popularity, his successes.

"Hey. I'm trying to form a community, too." He responded, sitting at the table. She considered how often he went to parties and came home drunk with a random sorority girl, and decided to not throw that fact at him. He began to shovel the paprikash into his mouth, so she took her things and went into her room. "Did you have dinner?" He called.

"Yes, asshole." She responded in Sokovian before closing and locking the door behind her. She placed the stack of books on the edge of her desk, threw her bag on the bed, and slipped out of her ankle boots. A glance in the stand mirror beside her dresser showed a different Wanda than a few weeks ago. Bright eyes, knee-high red socks, black hi-low dress. It was springtime in New York, and she chewed at her bright red-painted nails as she sat on the edge of her bed.

She hated keeping things from her brother. But Vision was a secret worth keeping. Over the past few weeks she had come to spend a lot of time with the librarian, researching for papers, and, late at night, lounging across his lap on the couch in his office, making out with the older man. She would leave each night, her red lipstick no longer on her skin but on his. And she would go back, each morning, between each class, after her day was done. They spoke in spurts, about his family, about her life in Sokovia before the twins came to school in America. They spoke about Wanda's future, and about Vision's place in it.

The connection between the two was unmistakable. And Wanda knew that Pietro sensed a difference in her. She hoped that he wouldn't recognize the fact that it was about a boy - no. Vision was a man. She was certain of it. He was gentlemanly, kind, always offering her tea and food and kisses after a stressful day of classes.

She glanced at the books on her desk. Recommendations by Vision, ones she hardly had time to read. When she wasn't with him, she was in class, sleeping, or at her part-time job at the music shop. She brought her vintage guitar to his office one night and played for him, leading to him not letting go of her thighs for a good hour. She could still feel his fingers strumming against the skin under her knees the next morning as she took an exam. It was a miracle that she passed.

And that day, as they kissed for what seemed like forever, he asked her to go on their first official date. Wanda was both excited and nervous. This date, in the outside world, meant that he wanted to be seen with her. He wanted to maybe show her off to his family and friends. Wanted to go on more dates. This date meant that he liked her, and wanted to spend more time with her. More than just making out in the office or in the abandoned part of the stacks, Wanda pressed against the hard spines of the books, Vision's hands creeping up her dresses or blouses.