Kitchen Floor

{A/N: This fic is set before CA:CW. Wanda and Vision cook dinner and make cookies for the rest of the Avengers. Chaos ensues. And some cute little moments. I love to cook and bake, so I really enjoyed writing this one. Now I want beef stew. And chocolate chip cookies. And cold brew black tea.}

    Wanda was sitting at the breakfast bar, drinking her daily third cup of black tea, when Vision faded through the wall and stood beside her. She raised her hand in greeting and looked up at the android, smiling faintly. He was wearing a blue long-sleeved shirt and gray sweatpants, almost like he was mimicking what Wanda had donned after her shower that morning. She was wearing gray yoga pants and a short-sleeved red shirt, and found herself to be very comfortable. It was nearly noon, and they were the only two at the compound; the others had made their way to a mission, but Wanda and Vision had opted out, as it was high-profile. Vision sat on the stool beside her and inspected her mug of tea.

    "Do you enjoy this black tea?" He inquired as she set down the now-empty mug. It was a red mug with black writing on it that read Witchy.

    "Too much caffeine makes my hands shake, so black tea is a good alternative for less caffeine than coffee." She informed him, rising from the stool and rinsing the mug out before placing it in the dishwasher. She would need to run the dishwasher later that day.

    "What do you have planned for this afternoon?" He asked, keeping his arc-reactor-like eyes on her. She shrugged, stretching her arms.

    "I was thinking of making something for when the rest of the team gets back from their mission tonight." She responded, opening the fridge to inspect what was in there. "I know I always like coming home to a home-cooked meal, but sometimes there's no time for that. I enjoy cooking, though."

    "May I be of any assistance?" Vision floated out of his seat and to Wanda's side, examining the fridge with her. "I've never really cooked anything before, but I would like to learn, and perhaps help boosting the morale of the team."

    "Sure. Can you look in the pantry and see if we have flour, barley, and potatoes? I think I will make beef and vegetable stew with barley." She responded. A hot meal is always enjoyable with friends, but the team had become much like family over the past few months. Vision inspected the pantry and identified the three items, moving them onto the counter. He looked to her and noticed she was struggling to get the soup pot out of the top cupboard, he floated until he was directly behind her and reached up past her hand to grab it and set it down beside her. She froze in place, turning her head slightly, a deep red flush spreading across her face. He had a confused look on his face as she ducked under his arm and placed the pot on the stove, and began to rinse off the veggies in the sink.

    "Everything alright, Wanda?" He stood beside her, watching her movements with the veggies, ferociously scrubbing any dirt off of the carrots, celery, potatoes, and tomatoes. She nodded her head quickly, and he noticed a faint red glow in her eyes. Had he angered her? Was he too close? He backed away slightly, watching her carefully.

    "Can you grab me two cutting boards and two sharp knives?" She asked, drying off her hands. He did so, setting the items on the sink carefully. "Come here, I'll show you how to cut the veggies so that I can cut the meat into cubes." She gave him a small smile, letting him know she wasn't upset, and he came up beside her and watched the gentle movements of moving the knife up and down along the long carrots. "Make sure you fold your fingers over so you don't cut yourself." She demonstrated cutting each kind of veggie, and placed a bowl beside the cutting board for him to place then before moving out of the way and letting him take charge. He had exact movements, and each piece of vegetable was equal sized. She watched him for a moment before going to the other cutting board and cutting up the stew meat.