Twenty One

Taehyung hated seeing Victoria with Jimin. He loved Jimin and he loved Victoria—just not together. Not when Jin was sluggish over it, forcing smiles and insisting he was happy when he was miserable. For some reason, Jungkook began to notice while the others stayed oblivious.

Perhaps it was how Jin sent flowers to Victoria's apartment anonymously on valentines day, or how he distanced himself from the entire group, or how he stared at her longingly when she wasn't looking. Either way, the youngest saw it and he didn't like it.

He was the only one that knew about Yoongi being brought into Jimin and Victoria's relationship. They didn't know that he knew, but the little bastard was pretty good at eavesdropping.

Yoongi was clearly happier with them, and Jungkook noticed him becoming more affectionate and kind in general. Yoongi was reverting back to his old self. He didn't want Jin to ruin everything.

And then Taehyung found something in Jimin's bag when he and Jungkook were looking for some gum that the older said they could have.

Taehyung's eyes widened as he held the ring box up for Jungkook to see. If they had looked more, they would have found a second one. "Kookie...do you think—"

The youngest opened his mouth to respond, but no words came out. His mind was pretty much exploding at that point. How was Jimin going to propose to Victoria when Yoongi was in their relationship too? He knew very little about relationships in general, so he just got lost in his thoughts.

"We have to tell Jin Hyung."

Jungkook looked to the older incredulously. "Um, no? This has nothing to do with him."

"Yes it does," he insisted. "You don't understand, but...just trust me, okay?"

Before he could respond, Taehyung threw the box back into the bag and jumped up. They were all at Jin's place to hang out. Jimin's bag and the rest of their things were in the living room while they hung out in the kitchen.

Taehyung ran into the room, realizing that the oldest was not there, and tried to act normal. "Hey, where did Jin Hyung go?"

Jimin nodded toward the door, Victoria sitting on his lap. "He went to his room to get something. Did you find the gum?"

"The what?" Jungkook asked before remembering. "Oh! Right! Yes. Yes we did."

Taehyung elbowed him before backing out of the room. "Be right back."

Jin was at the top of the stairs by the time they reached the bottom. Taehyung motioned for him to go back as they ran up each step.

The oldest raised an eyebrow. "What? Why—" Taehyung grabbed his arm and pulled him back into his room. "Hey!" he said indignantly as they shut his door. "What are you guys doing?"

"Jimin's..." He swallowed hard. "Jimin's gonna propose to Victoria. Tonight, I think."
Jin could have sworn that his heart stopped, and it was apparent with the long silence that followed Taehyung's blurt. The two younger boys only stared at him in dismay. The war in his mind reflected in his eyes. "Are you okay, hyung?" Jungkook asked quietly.
"Hm?" Jin's head snapped up. "Of course I am. Victoria and Jimin are getting married... that's awesome!"
Taehyung stared at him incredulously. It was unbelievable that he was still putting on that bullshit front. "Are you serious?" The oldest pressed his lips together and nodded. "Why don't you just tell Victoria how you feel? All of it! I know for a fact that she loves you! You can't deny what you had." Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows, a bit confused as he looked between the two.
Jin let out a strangled sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose. "What do you want me to do, Tae? Burst into Victoria's apartment, knock the ring out of Jimin's hand and say 'Sorry, but she should be with me'?"
The younger stared at him seriously, the lighting in the room seeming to grow dimmer. "Is that what you want?"
"No!" he lied. But his next words were sincere. "I could never do that to either of them."