Chapter 18

Hello my darlings!  I wanted to get this up, enjoy!  Not edited yet!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 18

“Babe?  Are you feeling alright?” I asked taking in the sight of Xavier wearing a pair of fitted jeans and a t-shirt.

Xavier chuckled.  “Yes, darling.  Are you ready?”

“You’re more dressed down than I am.” I laughed.  I’d thrown on a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, a turquoise silk tank top and a cardigan, to keep my shoulder covered, and my converse.

“Are you ready?”

“Sure, let’s go.”

Xavier took my hand and led me down to a waiting car.  “We’ll have to change cars a few times.”

“Okay, where are we going?”

“It’s a surprise.”

“Tell me something, babe.”

“You’ll see.”

“How long till we get there?”

“About an hour to an hour and a half.”

“Tell me something!”

Xavier chuckled as he tucked me closer into his side.  “I plan to, are you ready to hear about where I was?”

“Yes!”

Xavier nodded.  “I thought so.”

“Tell me!”

Xavier chuckled.  “Relax, don’t get all worked up.  Now, the night before I left, I wanted it to be magical for you.  I wanted it to be perfect because I knew I would be gone for a little while.”

“Why didn’t you tell me before you left?”

“I couldn’t.”

“What does that mean?”

“It means I knew that where I was going would be dangerous and the less you knew, the safer you would be.”

“And you’re going to explain this now?”

“If you’ll stop interrupting me,” Xavier chuckled.  “Yes, that was my plan.”

“Oh, okay, sorry.”

Xavier kissed the top of my head.  “Always impatient.  Now, when we first met, you asked if I had siblings,”  I nodded waiting for him to go on.  “I didn’t think I had any at the time, it turns out I have a half sister courtesy of my irresponsible father.  My father was a drunkard and vile man, but unfortunately he was also powerful.  He knows how to manipulate people.  My sister was a victim of his temper and at ten he threw her down the stairs.  She had a brain injury and can’t function on her own anymore.  She has a half-sister on her mother’s side, Anna.  Anna has been taking care of her for years.  My father found out about you and that I knew about my sister.  He put a price on my cooperation.”

“What did he know about me?”

“That I had accepted a position as your advisor, and it wasn’t very difficult to discover you mean more to me than a simple advisee.” Xavier brushed a few strands of hair away from my forehead.  “He also knew who your father is and your grandparents are.  He knows your families are not exactly broke.”  I nodded.