Chapter 27

Alright my darlings!!!!  New Chapter is up!  You can unlock the next one if I can get 175 Votes and 75 Comments, again, comments that are just update don't count and once I have that, I will have something up within 24 hours of that happening or when ever I finish it!  I haven't edited yet, but enjoy!!! <#

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 27

“Okay, I still don’t get it.” I sighed as I put the spoon back down.  I was watching Chuck as closely as he was watching me.  His manners were sublime as he took in another graceful mouthful of soup.  

“What do you mean?”

“I’m waiting for the other foot to drop.  Seriously, what’s up?  Why am I being treated so well?”

“You mean why aren’t you locking in a basement being used and abused as the hollywood movies and many sadistic tales tell of?”

I nodded.  “Not that I’m complaining, but part of me expecting this to be poisoned or something.”

Chuck gave me a small smile before dipping his own spoon into my soup and taking a mouthful for himself.  “I can assure you, if I wanted you dead, you would be.  Poison is so unsophisticated.  Murder is an art, my dear, mind you an under appreciated art, but an art none the less.”

“I’m with the uncultured I guess.  Murder is wrong as far as I’m concerned.”

“Truly?  Have you never thought of murdering Chase?”

I froze.  He was right.

“Murder is part of human nature.  The reasons for murder are different.  There are different approaches, I can honestly say, it is quite the thrill knowing that my hands control whether a man has his next breath or not.  I have the ability to end life or grant it.”

Great.  This nut job has a God complex.  “So, you play God?”

“More than that.  I get to be a god on this earth while I’m still alive.”

“We’ll just have to agree to disagree.”

“Very well, you’re welcome to be wrong.”

I raised an eyebrow but offered no argument.  No point agitating the crazies.

“As I was saying, most people shy away from the darker aspects of the human soul.  They want to hide it away rather than see it for all that it is.  There is beauty in the darkness, in the perversion of a human soul.  You won’t full appreciate it until you’ve embraced and partaken in it.”

I couldn’t keep the skeptical look off of my face.

“One day perhaps.”

“Are you thinking I’m going to go off on a killing spree and fall in love with the thrill?”

Chuck chuckled softly.  “Something like that.  For as much as you rebel against society, I’m surprised at you.  You do your best to remain an individual in a world where society demands you mold to their standards and yet, you are acting just like them.  You are trying to force someone with a different perspective into your pretty little mold.  Are we not kindred spirits?  I thought perhaps you were not as so many others.  I could be wrong about you, if so . . . well then perhaps a change is in order.”

I shrugged.  “Chuck, I’m hearing you out, aren’t I?” I countered as I noticed his entire demeanor seem to shift.  There was suddenly a dangerous glint in his eye.  It was like Dr. Jekyll was showing Mr. Hyde through the facade.  “You’ll have to forgive me if I think life is kind of a sacred thing.”